1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Rick12
July 30, 2023, 8:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Great performance by Crawford. Pleased that these two fighters fought in their primes . Hopefully Fury can learn a lesson from this and finally get that Uysk fight over the line next year in Saudi and give the fight all boxing fans want.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Sandford1981
July 30, 2023, 9:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Should have been 3 years ago but the politics of boxing always wins.
Absolute masterclass though-comprehensive doesn’t do it justice!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
cmackenzie4
July 30, 2023, 10:33am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I really like and rate both boxers, I thought Crawford would win but no so comprehensively like that, I think Spence was surprised at how good Crawford was, if there is a rematch at 154 I still think it will be the same outcome and Crawford wins by stoppage again, Spence is world class but Crawford is in a league of his own, Crawfords boxing skills, Angles, distance is the best I’ve ever seen, a great fight and both showed humility after the fight and that tells you everything right there. Great fighters the pair of them .

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Rick12
July 30, 2023, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981
Should have been 3 years ago but the politics of boxing always wins.
If you get the chance if you haven't already check out Teddy Atlas's boxing podcast on Google or one of the other main podcast links. Guy has been around the fight game for a long time and knows his stuff. Likewise I Iike his honestly. Just finished listening to his book on Audible titled Atlas and talks about the corruption in the fight game and the need to change the way boxing is controlled  .

Quoted from cmackenzie4
I really like and rate both boxers, I thought Crawford would win but no so comprehensively like that.
Listening and reading to some of the pre fight predictions none had it so one sided in favour of Crawford.

On the subject of great fighters I still love Naseem Hamed and feel he is arguably the most talented fighter that has come from the British isles. Skill wise was incredible I felt.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Sandford1981
July 30, 2023, 5:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Rick12
If you get the chance if you haven't already check out Teddy Atlas's boxing podcast on Google or one of the other main podcast links. Guy has been around the fight game for a long time and knows his stuff. Likewise I Iike his honestly. Just finished listening to his book on Audible titled Atlas and talks about the corruption in the fight game and the need to change the way boxing is controlled  .

Listening and reading to some of the pre fight predictions none had it so one sided in favour of Crawford.

On the subject of great fighters I still love Naseem Hamed and feel he is arguably the most talented fighter that has come from the British isles. Skill wise was incredible I felt.

There is a film in pre-production called ‘Giant’ starring Paddy Considine as Brendan Ingle, about Prince Naseem.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Rick12
July 30, 2023, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

There is a film in pre-production called ‘Giant’ starring Paddy Considine as Brendan Ingle, about Prince Naseem.

Appreciate the link Sandford thanks. I think what is a shame by all accounts as you may know is  reading Johnny Nelson's autobiography was Naseem Hameds natural ability was part of his undoing as well ( read from other sources as well ). Naseem started to disrespect  Brendan Ingle and once the money started rolling in started to treat his inner circle of friends wrong as well. As a young lad blessed with so much ability/money /fame  making mistakes can happen. Its good to see he tried to make amends with Ingle over the way he treated him but Ingle wasn't having it. Sad to see .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
promotion plaice
July 30, 2023, 10:44pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,064
Gold Stars: 198

Was expecting a thread about "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em" if I'm honest.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Spence v Crawford

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.