Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Rick12, July 30, 2023, 8:21am
Great performance by Crawford. Pleased that these two fighters fought in their primes . Hopefully Fury can learn a lesson from this and finally get that Uysk fight over the line next year in Saudi and give the fight all boxing fans want.
Posted by: Sandford1981, July 30, 2023, 9:20am; Reply: 1
Should have been 3 years ago but the politics of boxing always wins.
Absolute masterclass though-comprehensive doesn’t do it justice!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 30, 2023, 10:33am; Reply: 2
I really like and rate both boxers, I thought Crawford would win but no so comprehensively like that, I think Spence was surprised at how good Crawford was, if there is a rematch at 154 I still think it will be the same outcome and Crawford wins by stoppage again, Spence is world class but Crawford is in a league of his own, Crawfords boxing skills, Angles, distance is the best I’ve ever seen, a great fight and both showed humility after the fight and that tells you everything right there. Great fighters the pair of them .
Posted by: Rick12, July 30, 2023, 11:11am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Sandford1981
Should have been 3 years ago but the politics of boxing always wins.
If you get the chance if you haven't already check out Teddy Atlas's boxing podcast on Google or one of the other main podcast links. Guy has been around the fight game for a long time and knows his stuff. Likewise I Iike his honestly. Just finished listening to his book on Audible titled Atlas and talks about the corruption in the fight game and the need to change the way boxing is controlled  .

Quoted from cmackenzie4
I really like and rate both boxers, I thought Crawford would win but no so comprehensively like that.
Listening and reading to some of the pre fight predictions none had it so one sided in favour of Crawford.

On the subject of great fighters I still love Naseem Hamed and feel he is arguably the most talented fighter that has come from the British isles. Skill wise was incredible I felt.

Posted by: Sandford1981, July 30, 2023, 5:10pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Rick12
If you get the chance if you haven't already check out Teddy Atlas's boxing podcast on Google or one of the other main podcast links. Guy has been around the fight game for a long time and knows his stuff. Likewise I Iike his honestly. Just finished listening to his book on Audible titled Atlas and talks about the corruption in the fight game and the need to change the way boxing is controlled  .

Listening and reading to some of the pre fight predictions none had it so one sided in favour of Crawford.

On the subject of great fighters I still love Naseem Hamed and feel he is arguably the most talented fighter that has come from the British isles. Skill wise was incredible I felt.

There is a film in pre-production called ‘Giant’ starring Paddy Considine as Brendan Ingle, about Prince Naseem.
Posted by: Rick12, July 30, 2023, 5:53pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Sandford1981

There is a film in pre-production called ‘Giant’ starring Paddy Considine as Brendan Ingle, about Prince Naseem.

Appreciate the link Sandford thanks. I think what is a shame by all accounts as you may know is  reading Johnny Nelson's autobiography was Naseem Hameds natural ability was part of his undoing as well ( read from other sources as well ). Naseem started to disrespect  Brendan Ingle and once the money started rolling in started to treat his inner circle of friends wrong as well. As a young lad blessed with so much ability/money /fame  making mistakes can happen. Its good to see he tried to make amends with Ingle over the way he treated him but Ingle wasn't having it. Sad to see .

Posted by: promotion plaice, July 30, 2023, 10:44pm; Reply: 6

Was expecting a thread about "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em" if I'm honest.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 12:03am