2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
July 28, 2023, 2:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,550
Gold Stars: 1,500
The EFL’s latest annual “it’s not broke but let’s fix it anyway” rule change extravaganza has arrived. Key changes / updates / clarifications include:

• The amount of time added on to reflect the actual amount of time lost during stoppages (goals, substitutions etc.), as opposed to the previous, “nominal” amount

• Multi-ball at all grounds

• A “high threshold” for penalising contact to help keep games flowing

• Yellow card-only for players denying a goal scoring opportunity, provided they made a genuine challenge for the ball

• Injured players have to leave the field of play for treatment (unless goalkeeper, injured or dead)

Most of this sounds like something that was already introduced, or should have been some time ago. The most noticeable one will be the change to added time; presumably we’ll be seeing a lot more 8 or 9 minutes added on as we did at the World Cup. I quite liked it, personally.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66335147

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
ginnywings
July 28, 2023, 2:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,137
Gold Stars: 548
If it stops infuriating time wasting, then I'm all for it.

Unless it's a vital play off game, and the keeper gets cramp.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
lew chaterleys lover
July 28, 2023, 2:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,713
Gold Stars: 237
I think that is a good set of changes to be fair, especially time added on. Let's hope people don't start to leave at 80 odd minutes as they might miss half an hour of play.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
DB
July 28, 2023, 2:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Looks like sensible changes to me.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
crusty ole pie
July 28, 2023, 2:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,339
Gold Stars: 66
Listening to the fans not before time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Gaffer58
July 28, 2023, 3:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Seems reasonable, thought the added time at the World Cup was completely correct, I’ve paid for 90 minutes of football not 52, which I think is quite close to the actual playing time at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
99agrant
July 28, 2023, 3:22pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 4
Surely they will need to sort out the handball rule? They need to bring back if it’s accidental it’s not handball
Far too many soft penalties given when the player has clearly had no intention to handball it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
Heisenberg
July 28, 2023, 3:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,054
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Poojah
The EFL’s latest annual “it’s not broke but let’s fix it anyway” rule change extravaganza has arrived. Key changes / updates / clarifications include:

• The amount of time added on to reflect the actual amount of time lost during stoppages (goals, substitutions etc.), as opposed to the previous, “nominal” amount

• Multi-ball at all grounds

• A “high threshold” for penalising contact to help keep games flowing

• Yellow card-only for players denying a goal scoring opportunity, provided they made a genuine challenge for the ball

• Injured players have to leave the field of play for treatment (unless goalkeeper, injured or dead)

Most of this sounds like something that was already introduced, or should have been some time ago. The most noticeable one will be the change to added time; presumably we’ll be seeing a lot more 8 or 9 minutes added on as we did at the World Cup. I quite liked it, personally.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66335147

Did YOU add the “or dead” bit?!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
lukeo
July 28, 2023, 5:41pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I didn't know the right way to comment about the death part but I definitely wouldn't have written it like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
mimma
July 28, 2023, 5:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
I would like football to copy rugby. When a player goes down the ref signals the clock to stop. It starts again when play resumes. Also when time is up the ball has to go out of play for the game to finish.
There would be no more of players faking injury.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rule changes next season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.