6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
aussiej
July 27, 2023, 10:33am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +118
Gold Stars: 17
Some people say we got out muscled by bigger players and i think that could be a problem in league 2 as well...

I would like to see Hunt Kauri  and Cohen as first choice mid field but i do worry if they are strong enough...
Some games they will be ok but some others we might need a bit more height.

We could really do with a big central midfielder and big forward to give us options...
I seem to rember PH saying the same last season...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
diehardmariner
July 27, 2023, 12:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
I'll be honest, a midfield of Hunt, a New Zealand tree and Gary Cohen isn't inspiring me with much confidence.  

Cohen was versatile and I have fond memories of Notts County away when he played right-back and I think it was Tom Newey at centre-half. But centre-mid, nah not for me.  

Hunt, Khouri and Conteh though is a different proposition.  Hunt has bulked up over the summer and put that extra strength to good use on Tuesday, Khouri is hardly a shrinking violet and Conteh is an absolute beast.  Lincoln were doing everything to stop him, yet could do nothing about either his physicality or his ability with the ball.  He's that lean kind of strong.  Not bulging with mass but strong and mobile.

That's discounting Clifton, who was our best player by a mile last season.  Unless he leaves, I can't imagine Clifton not starting the first game a week on Saturday.  I think there will be plenty of games when Hurst looks to Green for a bit tenacity and sheer bite in midfield.  But, what I presume will be, the starting three (Clifton, Hunt, Conteh) doesn't look like it'll be bullied easily to me.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 27, 2023, 2:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79

I would like to see Hunt Kauri  and Cohen as first choice mid field but i do worry if they are strong enough...
Some games they will be ok but some others we might need a bit more height.

We could really do with a big central midfielder and big forward to give us options...
I seem to rember PH saying the same last season...[/quote]

Have you seen Conteh live yet? He’s a bloody big lad for 19 and no shrinking violet as his off the ball incident with an experienced Imp’s midfielder on Tuesday nights adequately demonstrated. Mind you I wouldn’t say no to another exactly like him!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
Poojah
July 27, 2023, 2:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,603
Gold Stars: 1,503
Out of interest, how are we saying “Conteh”.

Cont-ay?
Cont-eh (as in “monkeh”)?
Cont-er?

John Moore went with Con-tay, the other night, but I seem to recall the Gateshead commentator going for something more like the last one in the highlights I watched.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
jimgtfc
July 27, 2023, 2:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,091
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Poojah

Cont-ay?
Cont-er?

John Moore went with Con-tay, the other night, but I seem to recall the Gateshead commentator going for something more like the last one in the highlights I watched.

Probably his accent mate

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
Grimal
July 27, 2023, 2:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from ginnywings

Really?

We had 4 experienced players on the pitch, and a load of young lads.

Not to mention it was a friendly.

Yes it was only a friendly but I'd still expect the lads to put a shift in,they hardly strung a couple of passes together and second half the defence might as well stayed in the changing room,Boston cut through them like a knife through butter.The experienced players should be setting an example to the young lads.If you asked a Boston fan which they think was the four experienced players they wouldn't have had a clue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
Abdul19
July 27, 2023, 3:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
You'd be going some to think Waterfall's a first year pro  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
Kris2
July 27, 2023, 3:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Abdul19
You'd be going some to think Waterfall's a first year pro  

Must have had a tough paper round
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
Les Brechin
July 27, 2023, 4:58pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
[youtube]sxGo_iLf_tw[/youtube]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
TheRealJohnLewis
July 27, 2023, 5:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Poojah

Cont-ay?
Cont-er?

Moore was struggling with loads of players' names against Lincoln especially Michee, pronouncing it Mitch-ee, so I wouldn't trust him on the correct way of saying it.

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boston Tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.