July 21, 2023, 10:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from ginnywings

Not by the same amount. Nowhere near.

Well attendances are up by 50 percent ticket prices by 15 percent so that’s an extra 72.5 percent combined  and while I dont have the figures for the new Sky tv deal to hand I think that adds another 20 or 30 percent. I think Debbie said commercial revenue was up by a high percentage . Construction costs while having risen significantly are now falling and the market will adjust to the current interest rates with further falls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 70
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 21, 2023, 10:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from HerveJosse

Well attendances are up by 50 percent ticket prices by 15 percent so that’s an extra 72.5 percent combined  and while I dont have the figures for the new Sky tv deal to hand I think that adds another 20 or 30 percent. I think Debbie said commercial revenue was up by a high percentage . Construction costs while having risen significantly are now falling and the market will adjust to the current interest rates with further falls.

And paying off ex-chairman and repairing the ground/team/training ground have gone up by 109.63%. Just like yourself, I don’t have the exact figures to hand

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 70
HerveJosse
July 21, 2023, 10:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

And paying off ex-chairman and repairing the ground/team/training ground have gone up by 109.63%. Just like yourself, I don’t have the exact figures to hand

The ex chairman was paid off from a combination of transfers fees from players sold and replacement loans from the new owners . One owners loan has been replaced with another. Repairs to an old ground cease when a new ground is substituted.We don’t have a new training ground and I am unaware of any announcements that suggest one is imminent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 70
Brummie Codfather
July 21, 2023, 11:13pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 21
Bored with the stadium chat, we can’t afford it right now, wishing for it won’t make it happen.  Re. the squad, it looks really exciting and a step forward on last year, we should progress, ideally into the playoffs.  
I don’t expect any more big signings as I think the squad is there, striker wise Rose with an attacking 3 behind him would be where I think we’re going but Pike and Wilson look great alternative options without having to lump it.  For all those that cried out for more entertainment at BP this season, the squad looks set up to do this.
I really wouldn’t sh*t the bed at a 1 goal defeat to a Championship club and a draw with a League 1 club when assessing our progression.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 70
Poojah
July 22, 2023, 9:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
Some highlights from the game, provided by Port Vale.

https://youtu.be/72ZRN546lbw

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 70
DB
July 22, 2023, 9:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Poojah
Some highlights from the game, provided by Port Vale.

https://youtu.be/72ZRN546lbw

Thanks for that. It does beg the question where was Mariners TV?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 70
lukeo
July 22, 2023, 11:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from lobsterpot
You can read into it what you want but I’m in Torrevieja and I’m smashed. Town were the better team and got the deserved equaliser when we got a free kick edge of box which was rolled to Even Khouri on the right hand side while Vale were setting up their wall. He took 1 touch to steady himself and slotted it home. Town fans steamed on the pitch when we scored and we all had a right laugh. Players after had a good laugh with us. Vale just slumped off and ignored their 50 fans. Town had about  200. We walked back with David Dunne on their coaching staff and he said they were shite. Another Vale scouser said they had no strikers and would be happy to stay up. All the town fans deserve praise for clearing up all the cans and bottles off the sidelines like Bradley pitches. Let’s hope we get another pre season tour next year.  The end UTM

Really nice to read this. Well done all that went, I'd love to do it one year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 70
Chrisblor
July 22, 2023, 11:50am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,810
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from DB

Thanks for that. It does beg the question where was Mariners TV?

Probably doing the filming / photography / social media updates from the trip on his own, so had to wait until getting back from Spain to start editing together all the video footage as a result:

https://twitter.com/jpsmith083/status/1682690988454625280

Also, remember this guy has a job which pays just over minimum wage and is doing a great job in the circumstances, so if you want faster or more in-depth content you'd be better off directing those views towards Cook, Pettit and Stockwood.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 70
arryarryarry
July 22, 2023, 11:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Chrisblor

Probably doing the filming / photography / social media updates from the trip on his own, so had to wait until getting back from Spain to start editing together all the video footage as a result:

https://twitter.com/jpsmith083/status/1682690988454625280

Also, remember this guy has a job which pays just over minimum wage and is doing a great job in the circumstances, so if you want faster or more in-depth content you'd be better off directing those views towards Cook, Pettit and Stockwood.

Joe Smith is not the guy that has replaced Liam.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 70
Son of Cod
July 22, 2023, 12:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Mappers
I am still interested as to what formation we go with as Wilson & Rose seem suited to 2 up top ,yet we have an overload of talent in CM and playing 2 of what 7 or 8 ? You would not be keeping the majority happy .

Maybe Hurst plans to use Clifton as that tucked in wide player he's seemed to enjoy ?

Suppose we won't know for sure until the Wimbledon game .

7 or 8 CMs? We've got 6 in with a shot of first team football which includes Khouri (still developing) and Green and Hunt (likely to be used depending on style on opposition). I don't see the amount of players we have that can play in the middle of the park being a factor in whether or not we line up with 2 or 1 strikers up top. Player form and Hurst's tactical tinkering will decide that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Port Vale game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.