1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Poojah
July 15, 2023, 8:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,588
Gold Stars: 1,503
The first fixture at Blundell Park for 68 days so we all know what that means…

…yes, gale force winds.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/Q6gh5j9/IMG-7936.jpg[/img]

Seriously, the correlation between Town home games and windy weather seems absolutely freakish this last couple of years. Curious.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ska face
July 15, 2023, 8:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
All the more reason to fill the corners in. DO YOU HEAR ME STOCKWOODS?! The silence is DEAFENING
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 15, 2023, 9:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Also a nag running in 17:10 at Newmarket called Crystal mariner. Ryan Moores on the top of a Michael stoutes horse so could be in with a shout. Currently at 11/4 having opened up at 9/2

Though I’ve probably but the jinx on it!  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
aldi_01
July 15, 2023, 9:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
And according to the mudrat Twitter we’re playing 4 lots of 30 minutes the absolute flipping wankstains…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
SteffiMariner
July 15, 2023, 10:15am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Also a nag running in 17:10 at Newmarket called Crystal mariner. Ryan Moores on the top of a Michael stoutes horse so could be in with a shout. Currently at 11/4 having opened up at 9/2

Though I’ve probably but the jinx on it!  

Just placed a £5 free bet on it to win, odds were down to 3-1, now second favourite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
RonMariner
July 15, 2023, 10:31am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,721
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ska face
All the more reason to fill the corners in. DO YOU HEAR ME STOCKWOODS?! The silence is DEAFENING

Talking of which.....

If someone could come up with an estimate of how much it would cost to build a covered stand in one of the corners, then maybe we could start a crowd funding campaign to help finance it? After all we raised £100k for operation Promotion in a few weeks in 2015. If, say the cost of such a stand was £300k (a pure guess) and we could raise half that from crowd funding and local businesses then maybe JS would consider putting in the rest?

Just a crazy idea, but on the other hand adding 1,000 seats to the capacity would certainly ease quite a few ticketing problems and would bring in extra revenue for those games where large away followings made the Osmond stand unavailable for home fans.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Croxton
July 15, 2023, 11:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Poojah
The first fixture at Blundell Park for 68 days so we all know what that means…

…yes, gale force winds.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/Q6gh5j9/IMG-7936.jpg[/img]

Seriously, the correlation between Town home games and windy weather seems absolutely freakish this last couple of years. Curious.

Seriously heavy showers in Sheffield all morning. I'm up a ladder clearing blocked gutters and then fitting another water butt. If this is headed to Cleethorpes then it will certainly test our new drainage system!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Mikey_345
July 15, 2023, 11:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Croxton

Seriously heavy showers in Sheffield all morning. I'm up a ladder clearing blocked gutters and then fitting another water butt. If this is headed to Cleethorpes then it will certainly test our new drainage system!

Beautiful in Rotherham this morning… always has the best of the weather here 😂

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It’s matchday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.