Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Poojah, July 15, 2023, 8:53am
The first fixture at Blundell Park for 68 days so we all know what that means…

…yes, gale force winds.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/Q6gh5j9/IMG-7936.jpg[/img]

Seriously, the correlation between Town home games and windy weather seems absolutely freakish this last couple of years. Curious.
Posted by: ska face, July 15, 2023, 8:56am; Reply: 1
All the more reason to fill the corners in. DO YOU HEAR ME STOCKWOODS?! The silence is DEAFENING
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 15, 2023, 9:47am; Reply: 2
Also a nag running in 17:10 at Newmarket called Crystal mariner. Ryan Moores on the top of a Michael stoutes horse so could be in with a shout. Currently at 11/4 having opened up at 9/2

Though I’ve probably but the jinx on it!  
Posted by: aldi_01, July 15, 2023, 9:56am; Reply: 3
And according to the mudrat Twitter we’re playing 4 lots of 30 minutes the absolute flipping wankstains…
Posted by: SteffiMariner, July 15, 2023, 10:15am; Reply: 4
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Also a nag running in 17:10 at Newmarket called Crystal mariner. Ryan Moores on the top of a Michael stoutes horse so could be in with a shout. Currently at 11/4 having opened up at 9/2

Though I’ve probably but the jinx on it!  

Just placed a £5 free bet on it to win, odds were down to 3-1, now second favourite.
Posted by: RonMariner, July 15, 2023, 10:31am; Reply: 5
Quoted from ska face
All the more reason to fill the corners in. DO YOU HEAR ME STOCKWOODS?! The silence is DEAFENING

Talking of which.....

If someone could come up with an estimate of how much it would cost to build a covered stand in one of the corners, then maybe we could start a crowd funding campaign to help finance it? After all we raised £100k for operation Promotion in a few weeks in 2015. If, say the cost of such a stand was £300k (a pure guess) and we could raise half that from crowd funding and local businesses then maybe JS would consider putting in the rest?

Just a crazy idea, but on the other hand adding 1,000 seats to the capacity would certainly ease quite a few ticketing problems and would bring in extra revenue for those games where large away followings made the Osmond stand unavailable for home fans.    
Posted by: Croxton, July 15, 2023, 11:18am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Poojah
The first fixture at Blundell Park for 68 days so we all know what that means…

…yes, gale force winds.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/Q6gh5j9/IMG-7936.jpg[/img]

Seriously, the correlation between Town home games and windy weather seems absolutely freakish this last couple of years. Curious.

Seriously heavy showers in Sheffield all morning. I'm up a ladder clearing blocked gutters and then fitting another water butt. If this is headed to Cleethorpes then it will certainly test our new drainage system!
Posted by: Mikey_345, July 15, 2023, 11:38am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Croxton

Seriously heavy showers in Sheffield all morning. I'm up a ladder clearing blocked gutters and then fitting another water butt. If this is headed to Cleethorpes then it will certainly test our new drainage system!

Beautiful in Rotherham this morning… always has the best of the weather here 😂
Print page generated: May 12, 2024, 5:51pm