FGR V Grateful Dead

This thread currently has 3,111 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 14, 2023, 8:54am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306

Ooo…this could be fun.

Heads up, you can’t actually open an Overton window

I`m delighted to see that nurse has given you access to the computer again.

You can`t open it but it has the potential to be expanded. Note `potential`.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
Grimsby2012
July 14, 2023, 9:30am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Cannot wait for them to return to were they belong non league, he just uses FGR FC as a platform for his veggie eco bullshit. I have no problem with people's personal perferences, but when they start pushing their believe's and idea's on to others, is when I have a problem.

UTM

You've got to be the saddest purple membrane I've seen on here to moan about this.

What a sad individual

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
RonMariner
July 14, 2023, 9:41am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,721
Gold Stars: 226

The bloke who wrote Eintstein A Go Go was from Waltham.

And Rod Templeton wrote for Michael Jackson.

And let’s not forget the song Grimsby by Elton John.

And Gary Moore was married to Dave Booth’s daughter and they had a flat at the top of Sea View Street.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 14, 2023, 10:28am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner

And Rod Templeton wrote for Michael Jackson.

And let’s not forget the song Grimsby by Elton John.

And Gary Moore was married to Dave Booth’s daughter and they had a flat at the top of Sea View Street.

I didn't know that about Gary Moore.

I used to work in the US and when a colleague found out I was from Grimsby they asked 'like the Elton John song?' They then asked me if Grimsby was really like that.......

If you don't know the song, look at the lyrics. It is not a description of Grimsby!

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
Hagrid
July 14, 2023, 10:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,429
Gold Stars: 534
no issue with Vince or his ideas, i welcome them, he's trying to make the world a better place, and I like his different outlook on things, yes FGR are a nothing club but thats not his fault, he's stuck to his principles in keeping them green.

Rather a Dale Vince own a club than the Saudi's, the Sheikhs or the yanks
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
lew chaterleys lover
July 14, 2023, 11:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,724
Gold Stars: 237

I didn't know that about Gary Moore.

I used to work in the US and when a colleague found out I was from Grimsby they asked 'like the Elton John song?' They then asked me if Grimsby was really like that.......

If you don't know the song, look at the lyrics. It is not a description of Grimsby!

Its a nostalgic song about the fishing port of Grimsby. When I hear it it takes me back to when my dad was due in from sea, and we used to stand by the lock gates as he spotted us and waved, and I used to dive into his kit bag to find the huge tins of quality street chocolates he used to get.

I'm quite teary eyed I am so I think it is a poignant song. It wouldn't have the same impact if he sang about say Freeman streets demise I don't suppose.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 14, 2023, 11:30am
Champagne Drinker

Its a nostalgic song about the fishing port of Grimsby. When I hear it it takes me back to when my dad was due in from sea, and we used to stand by the lock gates as he spotted us and waved, and I used to dive into his kit bag to find the huge tins of quality street chocolates he used to get.

I'm quite teary eyed I am so I think it is a poignant song. It wouldn't have the same impact if he sang about say Freeman streets demise I don't suppose.

Oh completely. And the lyrics were by Bernie Taupin who wasn't from Grimsby but has very close links with the area.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FGR V Grateful Dead

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.