7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
GtfcGarner
July 10, 2023, 6:59am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Could Braithwaite be the next one to break through? Good reviews by all accounts, I wasn’t there Saturday but went to the Boro match and I thought Bramwell come across really well. Hope to see them get a good opportunity in pre-season and eventually get the nod some point this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
Davec
July 10, 2023, 7:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Braithwaite grew up on the same street as me, I got on well with his older brother at the time, he was a superb footballer himself, but Aaron at the time only 5 or 6 year old had a shed load of ability himself and was more than capable of holding his own against people older than him!

Wouldn't surprise me if he went on to have a decent career
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 65
jamesgtfc
July 10, 2023, 9:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,972
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Could Braithwaite be the next one to break through? Good reviews by all accounts, I wasn’t there Saturday but went to the Boro match and I thought Bramwell come across really well. Hope to see them get a good opportunity in pre-season and eventually get the nod some point this season.

Bramwell and Braithwaite were out at Whitby last season in the NPL, one level above Clee and Boro. Goundry struggled with that step up, but Bramwell and Braithwaite were highly thought of by Whitby fans.

The fact that they held their own at a higher level than any other young player last season suggests they are closest to breaking through. Bramwell looked big, strong and assured on the ball against Boro.

I was on the opposite side but Braithwaite looked good at RB on Saturday, getting himself involved in what looked like a feisty contest for the ball.

Whilst it's slightly concerning not to have offered anyone a deal this summer, Braithwaite, Bramwell and Essel look quite promising. Tomlinson has some good skills in his locker but he desperately needs a high protein diet and some time in the gym.

For me, Bramwell, Braithwaite and Essel need to go get some games at least a level higher this season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
diehardmariner
July 10, 2023, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
I was on that side and Braithwaite definitely gave as good as he got.

It is important to remember who we were playing though.  He's a second year professional (I think) so if he's going to kick on and do something you would expect he'll stand out against a 7th tier side.  

I suppose the real positives are that he was out of position and physically matched up to some robust treatment from bigger blokes. I do think we only really saw him because Hurst wanted to take a look at Mullarkey at centre-back.  

We're well stocked at right-back (Efete, Mullarkey and Rodgers will all be selected ahead of him) and also in midfield too where his preferred position is.  I think if he gets game time it'll be in the cups, late on in games probably out wide.  

I'm torn on the level that we loan him and his peers out at.  Ideally they do go Conf. North and maybe even Conference but I'm not convinced anyone gambles on them (certainly in the Conference).  At Conf. North level will they get enough games to make it worthwhile?  At least with Boro, Clee etc. they might get more game time and give them the rough and tumble of mens football that they need.  I think we're in that odd position where we need to be up a level for Conference clubs to want to take our kids.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
Surrey97
July 10, 2023, 10:24am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 20
From what I’ve seen I do think Braithwaite is the furthest ahead out of him, Essell, Bramwell and Tomlinson. But I still think he’ll go out on loan again, hopefully we can try to get him a loan at Conference North level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 65
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 13, 2023, 6:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Surrey97
From what I’ve seen I do think Braithwaite is the furthest ahead out of him, Essell, Bramwell and Tomlinson. But I still think he’ll go out on loan again, hopefully we can try to get him a loan at Conference North level.

Why not scunth…….. oh 🤦🏻‍♂️

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contehh

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.