7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
July 4, 2023, 7:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
After doing some digging it seems like this signing could possibly be one of the best we've made in years.
Looking at his real alone he looks above this standard. Looking forward to seeing him play in black and white stripes. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 65
Blundellite
July 4, 2023, 7:41am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +71
Gold Stars: 18
I hope Kamil gives the opposition teams and their fans the hump
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 65
RonMariner
July 4, 2023, 8:24am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,717
Gold Stars: 226
After looking in danger of relegation at one point last season Gateshead went on an amazing run which shot them well up the table and also to a Trophy final. So if he contributed to such s dramatic turnaround it’s more evidence that he is a fabulous signing for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 65
Lost in Lincoln
July 4, 2023, 8:24am
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Blundellite

That was terrible

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 65
diehardmariner
July 4, 2023, 9:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 539
Struggling to remember the last time we made a signing of intent like this.

His YouTube reels look great, but so did Paddy McLaughlin's and Moses Ogbu...but this lad is getting rave reviews not just from Gateshead fans but opposition fans.  I've seen quite a bit on Twitter of those analysis type accounts who identified as someone they wanted to see at their club, but believing they wouldn't stand a chance.

We all know Middlesbrough track record with developing young players, they saw enough in him a year ago to take him from Watford.  Having impressed whilst out on loan I can't imagine his stock decreased there.  We've gone in, identified him and then paid a fee for him - beating other clubs in the process of that.  

Just looking at those clubs.

Stockport - Throwing money at it.
Bradford - Always seem to throw money at it. Bigger resources than ours.
Barnsley - A league above us, resources that will dwarf ours.  Also a decent track record in recent years of developing young talent.

He's a London boy so I don't know if he's still based down that way or if he relocated to the North East, but regardless we're no easier to get to than either London or the North East than the clubs we were competing with.  We've had thread after thread about the difficulty of attracting players here, without dragging up old arguments I think we definitely need to applaud the club on managing to do some serious recruitment and selling of the place this summer.  Whatever their approach is, it looks to be working!

As for Conteh himself, genuinely excited to see what he can bring to us.  As others have said he looks like someone who can drive forward with the ball which we and literally every other club at this level craves.  Fair few comparisons to Matete  which look fair, but I was thinking more like Pelly Ruddock for Luton when they were at this level or thereabouts.  Composure, strength and ability to move things forward either with a pass or with the ball.

Competition in midfield is unbelievable now. As per the signing of intent, struggling to think when we last had this level of challenge and options in there.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 65
Parkooo
July 4, 2023, 9:56am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +86
Gold Stars: 2
Another long contract as well. It seems the 1yr contract is a thing of the past
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 65
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 4, 2023, 1:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from forza ivano
this could be the best signing of the lot - matete like

a real statement

I hope so, I thought Matete was a great signing and did really well in a poor team.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 65
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 4, 2023, 1:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from lukeo
After doing some digging it seems like this signing could possibly be one of the best we've made in years.
Looking at his real alone he looks above this standard. Looking forward to seeing him play in black and white stripes. Utm

YOU WHAT?!

Oh sorry, misread digging.....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 65
Mappers
July 4, 2023, 1:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,325
Gold Stars: 118
So do we go up then ?

I thought mid table or a bit above , but after the quality of player signed I am genuinely excited and think we could give it a really good go of getting to league 1 ,I am pretty balanced normally and try especially to be with Town ; head over heart and all that .But believe you me , there will be teams in that league fearing playing us ,especially if we can get up ahead of steam at BP and get it rocking .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 65
pizzzza
July 4, 2023, 1:12pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Blundellite

I hope he never deserts us
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contehh

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.