Reply: 10 - 22
diehardmariner
July 2, 2023, 7:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,625
Gold Stars: 539
Great for him, let's move on... (though I suspect we already did!).
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
aldi_01
July 2, 2023, 7:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from male private Nale

Yeah great, eyes wide open kidda

Aye, that’s generally how people see.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
aldi_01
July 2, 2023, 7:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Can’t even say I’m disappointed he’s not signing, if it would’ve happened, great but really wasn’t arsed…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
ska face
July 2, 2023, 7:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
There is only one former player we should ever contemplate signing

That man is Omar Hanif Bogle, a real legend and I would welcome the return of the King.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
Poojah
July 2, 2023, 8:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,558
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from ska face

That man is Omar Hanif Bogle, a real legend and I would welcome the return of the King.

I’d have him back in a heartbeat, and not just because he played for us before. Such is good etiquette these days, using the latest, cutting-edge sports data technology I was able to deduce that Omar Hanif Bogle is in fact an anagram of “able hoofing ram”, which I think we can all agree is what the squad needs right now.

In the interest of balance though, the same dataset also informs us that it is also an anagram of “lib afghan romeo” and “ale barfing homo”, which may seem less desirable attributes for the Fishy’s more bigoted members and those who believe footballers should abstain from imbibing.

Whatever happens, it’s comforting to know that this kind of  qualitative analysis is being used to take our recruitment to the next level. Exciting times.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
thefish
July 2, 2023, 8:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from ska face

Omar God… here we go again. I for one have Hanif of these futile links. Year after year, transfer window after transfer window- the mind Bogles!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
aldi_01
July 2, 2023, 8:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

I’d have him back in a heartbeat, and not just because he played for us before. Such is good etiquette these days, using the latest, cutting-edge sports data technology I was able to deduce that Omar Hanif Bogle is in fact an anagram of “able hoofing ram”, which I think we can all agree is what the squad needs right now.

In the interest of balance though, the same dataset also informs us that it is also an anagram of “lib afghan romeo” and “ale barfing homo”, which may seem less desirable attributes for the Fishy’s more bigoted members and those who believe footballers should abstain from imbibing.

Whatever happens, it’s comforting to know that this kind of  qualitative analysis is being used to take our recruitment to the next level. Exciting times.

‘Ale Barfing Homo’, sure we had him under Mike Newell….

I do like the idea of liberal Afghan womaniser, trawling the high street and frequenting the Swashy…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
OddShapedBalls
July 3, 2023, 8:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Poojah

This data-led anagram info is why El General didn't want Bennett - his name becomes 'tanner by net', clearly showing that he would spend all game trying to catch a sun tan by the goal rather than defending. A lucky escape then that he's gone to Cambridge, coincidentally Cambridge gets an average of 1500 hours of sunlight per year compared to Grimsby's 1571 so he'll definitely be moor productive there than on the NEL Riviera

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
Jarmo.Is.God
July 3, 2023, 9:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Grimsby2012

Quite a few supposedly "In the know" people on here got this horribly wrong.

I said it was off ages ago, but i'm not asking to go up the table this time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bennett agrees deal with Cambridge

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.