Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, July 2, 2023, 12:27pm
Football Insider on Twitter is reporting that Ryan Bennett has agreed a new deal with Cambridge.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 2, 2023, 1:55pm; Reply: 1
I think it's Hursty who did not want him else he would have signed by now.

Onwards and upwards Paul knows best.
Posted by: Grimsby2012, July 2, 2023, 2:24pm; Reply: 2
Football Insider on Twitter is reporting that Ryan Bennett has agreed a new deal with Cambridge.

Quite a few supposedly "In the know" people on here got this horribly wrong.
Posted by: Kris2, July 2, 2023, 5:29pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Grimsby2012

More of the neighbors asking him and him nodding along by the sound of it  ;D. Somebody talking like they are part of his inner circle saying they spoke to his brother and was told he's already signed and now look. I always got the impression he felt we were below his level even when he was playing for us tbh and it was just a stepping stone on to bigger things.
Posted by: SouthLakesMariner, July 2, 2023, 5:43pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Kris2

More of the neighbors asking him and him nodding along by the sound of it  ;D. Somebody talking like they are part of his inner circle saying they spoke to his brother and was told he's already signed and now look. I always got the impression he felt we were below his level even when he was playing for us tbh and it was just a stepping stone on to bigger things.

Well, albeit with the benefit of hindsight, he got that one right I think.

Posted by: 140381 (Guest), July 2, 2023, 5:52pm; Reply: 5
[alan partridge shrug gif]
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 2, 2023, 5:55pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Kris2

Yes, but Cambridge United, despite being in league one and representing one of the most famous cities in the country, are a smaller club than us, no doubt in my mind.
Posted by: aldi_01, July 2, 2023, 6:06pm; Reply: 7
Thank intercourse for that.
Posted by: male private Nale, July 2, 2023, 6:26pm; Reply: 8
Rod Jane and Freddie moved the goalposts, can't blame the lad.

"Let them eat.....Beetroot"
Posted by: aldi_01, July 2, 2023, 6:29pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from male private Nale
Rod Jane and Freddie moved the goalposts, can't blame the lad.

"Let them eat.....Beetroot"

You alright?
Posted by: male private Nale, July 2, 2023, 7:07pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from aldi_01

You alright?

Yeah great, eyes wide open kidda
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 2, 2023, 7:19pm; Reply: 11
Great for him, let's move on... (though I suspect we already did!).
Posted by: aldi_01, July 2, 2023, 7:31pm; Reply: 12

Yeah great, eyes wide open kidda

Aye, that’s generally how people see.
Posted by: aldi_01, July 2, 2023, 7:33pm; Reply: 13
Can’t even say I’m disappointed he’s not signing, if it would’ve happened, great but really wasn’t arsed…
Posted by: ska face, July 2, 2023, 7:48pm; Reply: 14
There is only one former player we should ever contemplate signing

That man is Omar Hanif Bogle, a real legend and I would welcome the return of the King.
Posted by: Poojah, July 2, 2023, 8:15pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from ska face

That man is Omar Hanif Bogle, a real legend and I would welcome the return of the King.

I’d have him back in a heartbeat, and not just because he played for us before. Such is good etiquette these days, using the latest, cutting-edge sports data technology I was able to deduce that Omar Hanif Bogle is in fact an anagram of “able hoofing ram”, which I think we can all agree is what the squad needs right now.

In the interest of balance though, the same dataset also informs us that it is also an anagram of “lib afghan romeo” and “ale barfing homo”, which may seem less desirable attributes for the Fishy’s more bigoted members and those who believe footballers should abstain from imbibing.

Whatever happens, it’s comforting to know that this kind of  qualitative analysis is being used to take our recruitment to the next level. Exciting times.
Posted by: thefish, July 2, 2023, 8:36pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ska face

Omar God… here we go again. I for one have Hanif of these futile links. Year after year, transfer window after transfer window- the mind Bogles!
Posted by: aldi_01, July 2, 2023, 8:36pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Poojah

I’d have him back in a heartbeat, and not just because he played for us before. Such is good etiquette these days, using the latest, cutting-edge sports data technology I was able to deduce that Omar Hanif Bogle is in fact an anagram of “able hoofing ram”, which I think we can all agree is what the squad needs right now.

In the interest of balance though, the same dataset also informs us that it is also an anagram of “lib afghan romeo” and “ale barfing homo”, which may seem less desirable attributes for the Fishy’s more bigoted members and those who believe footballers should abstain from imbibing.

Whatever happens, it’s comforting to know that this kind of  qualitative analysis is being used to take our recruitment to the next level. Exciting times.

‘Ale Barfing Homo’, sure we had him under Mike Newell….

I do like the idea of liberal Afghan womaniser, trawling the high street and frequenting the Swashy…
Posted by: OddShapedBalls, July 3, 2023, 8:56am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Poojah

This data-led anagram info is why El General didn't want Bennett - his name becomes 'tanner by net', clearly showing that he would spend all game trying to catch a sun tan by the goal rather than defending. A lucky escape then that he's gone to Cambridge, coincidentally Cambridge gets an average of 1500 hours of sunlight per year compared to Grimsby's 1571 so he'll definitely be moor productive there than on the NEL Riviera

Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 3, 2023, 9:12am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Grimsby2012

I said it was off ages ago, but i'm not asking to go up the table this time!
Posted by: supertown, July 3, 2023, 7:15pm; Reply: 20

[deleted]

Is that acceptable? Just asking
Posted by: grimps, July 3, 2023, 8:09pm; Reply: 21
Pure speculation on my part but I wonder if Bennett not singing freed up a bit more money for our new midfielder conteh 🤔
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, July 4, 2023, 5:33pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Poojah

Ale Barfing Homo's second album was a classic, god what a record that is.....
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 9:25am