1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Southwark Mariner
June 29, 2023, 1:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
I've seen Parslow mentioned a few times lately and thought I'd look up what he's been up to. I hadn't realised he'd suffered a career-ending concussion in 2019 and now campaigns for better understanding of delayed concussion and changes to how football head injuries are assessed.

https://www.headway.org.uk/about-brain-injury/individuals/brain-injury-and-me/daniel-parslow/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
June 29, 2023, 1:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,606
Gold Stars: 1,503
Another Parslow fact I've just been reminded of is that he played over 45 minutes in our play-off final against Bristol Rovers in 2015. In my mind he was before that time.

[img]https://media.gettyimages.com/id/473742940/photo/grimsby-town-v-bristol-rovers-vanarama-conference-playoff-final.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=iKt-KNbDpm-lJAm2d-LaN35iYNZPL8eAETS04VqFGXs=[/img]

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
TownSNAFU5
June 29, 2023, 1:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
Was it the Rovers final where he made a Beckhamesque great cross from the right wing? Or maybe the Wrexham final?

Strange the random examples that stick in your mind years later. 🙂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
mariner chopper
June 29, 2023, 1:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +198
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Was it the Rovers final where he made a Beckhamesque great cross from the right wing? Or maybe the Wrexham final?

Yep. Love Lennell but for me he really should have thrown himself at it Gary Jones/Ryan Taylor stylee!

What might've been...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
diehardmariner
June 29, 2023, 1:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

That's the exact thing that really sticks in my mind of him during that game.  Caught the 'keeper out from near the by-line and I think it was LJL that was inches away from getting a toe on it.  A Grimsby version of Gazza in '96.

I seem to think he did ok when he came on too, despite him having established himself as a bit of a target.  I remember a few grumbles around us when he came on for the absolutely exhausted Robertson.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Davec
June 29, 2023, 2:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I was there for the Paralow point away At Chester!

I thought he was OK for us, steady eddie, put the best cross of the game in during that final against The Gas!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parslow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.