Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, June 29, 2023, 1:15pm
I've seen Parslow mentioned a few times lately and thought I'd look up what he's been up to. I hadn't realised he'd suffered a career-ending concussion in 2019 and now campaigns for better understanding of delayed concussion and changes to how football head injuries are assessed.

https://www.headway.org.uk/about-brain-injury/individuals/brain-injury-and-me/daniel-parslow/
Posted by: Poojah, June 29, 2023, 1:20pm; Reply: 1
Another Parslow fact I've just been reminded of is that he played over 45 minutes in our play-off final against Bristol Rovers in 2015. In my mind he was before that time.

[img]https://media.gettyimages.com/id/473742940/photo/grimsby-town-v-bristol-rovers-vanarama-conference-playoff-final.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=iKt-KNbDpm-lJAm2d-LaN35iYNZPL8eAETS04VqFGXs=[/img]
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, June 29, 2023, 1:37pm; Reply: 2
Was it the Rovers final where he made a Beckhamesque great cross from the right wing? Or maybe the Wrexham final?

Strange the random examples that stick in your mind years later. 🙂
Posted by: mariner chopper, June 29, 2023, 1:53pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Was it the Rovers final where he made a Beckhamesque great cross from the right wing? Or maybe the Wrexham final?

Yep. Love Lennell but for me he really should have thrown himself at it Gary Jones/Ryan Taylor stylee!

What might've been...
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 29, 2023, 1:57pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

That's the exact thing that really sticks in my mind of him during that game.  Caught the 'keeper out from near the by-line and I think it was LJL that was inches away from getting a toe on it.  A Grimsby version of Gazza in '96.

I seem to think he did ok when he came on too, despite him having established himself as a bit of a target.  I remember a few grumbles around us when he came on for the absolutely exhausted Robertson.
Posted by: Davec, June 29, 2023, 2:23pm; Reply: 5
I was there for the Paralow point away At Chester!

I thought he was OK for us, steady eddie, put the best cross of the game in during that final against The Gas!
Print page generated: May 13, 2024, 2:18am