4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 27, 2023, 5:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,844
Gold Stars: 178
I know there’s been loads said on this before. But had these photos forwarded on to me via Facebook. The games will definitely be remembered by those that were there, and it’s been written about in many books since.

I’ve also found this snippet too:

https://pyroonthepitch.com/202.....on-three-27-10-1990/

I think if towns main groups (CBP and GHS) hadn’t have already been in the imp then that small show at full time  would’ve been a hell of a lot worse as there had been trouble well before kick off down Grimsby road and at Sidney park.

Attachment: img_4206_5935.jpeg
Size: 77.55 KB

Attachment: img_4205_5224.jpeg
Size: 86.79 KB

Attachment: img_4203_2375.jpeg
Size: 86.40 KB

Attachment: img_4201_7184.jpeg
Size: 37.30 KB

Attachment: img_4200_7573.jpeg
Size: 70.24 KB

Attachment: img_4197_6466.jpeg
Size: 44.29 KB

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
June 27, 2023, 5:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,203
Gold Stars: 265
What a day that was! Half the Imp lads had left a bit early ( in order to engage stoke lads on their departure from the ground)but had realised what was going on at f.t. and found a convenient builders skip ,which they emptied n launched over the wall into the stokies.
We seemed to be on the pitch for ages before the horses arrived . There were then running battles in the streets, esp. Round Brereton Ave where many of em had parked up.
Aah the good old days!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
mimma
June 27, 2023, 6:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
The photos are from the game at Stoke the season we were promoted, not from the game at Blundell Park.
There's a video on YouTube of the battles on the pitch after the game at Blundell Park. The trouble continued into the streets around BP after the pitch was cleared.
When we played them away we needed to win to be promoted. We took over 8,000. The Stoke hooligans were out in force looking for revenge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
dapperz fun pub
June 27, 2023, 6:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,955
Gold Stars: 82
Bumped into nick Hancock down the main Rd with some of there more serious players shall we say. Tbf they protected him cos some of our group went straight for him, a long violent day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 27, 2023, 6:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,844
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from mimma
The photos are from the game at Stoke the season we were promoted, not from the game at Blundell Park.
There's a video on YouTube of the battles on the pitch after the game at Blundell Park. The trouble continued into the streets around BP after the pitch was cleared.
When we played them away we needed to win to be promoted. We took over 8,000. The Stoke hooligans were out in force looking for revenge.

I always thought it was about 4000 tbh. I remember the fire breaking out directly behind us in the seats.

The link that I put up has all the info about the home game. Just a shame it doesn’t mention the shot from Micky Thomas knocking the coppers helmet off!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
forza ivano
June 27, 2023, 6:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,203
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I always thought it was about 4000 tbh. I remember the fire breaking out directly behind us in the seats.

The link that I put up has all the info about the home game. Just a shame it doesn’t mention the shot from Micky Thomas knocking the coppers helmet off!

think there were several fires that day! think we all met in Buxton ( seemed to remember a leather n suede shop getting emptied!) and had a huge convoy into Stoke. we then found we were going west to east across the car park to get to the away stand, whilst they were coming north south. Needless to say mayhem ensued!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
June 27, 2023, 6:33pm
Guest User
They were definitely out for revenge at their place. You’d have thought I’d learned after going to Chesterfield the year before. Completely out of my depth.
Reply: 6 - 31
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 27, 2023, 6:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
ooh, a whole website dedicated to morons kicking ten bells out of each other. Remind me not to make it a favourite.

I was at Stoke away and it was f*cking horrible. I do not miss those days one bit. I like walking to the ground chatting to opposing supporters and seeing little kids dressed up in their kits enjoying the match with their mum and dad.

And to go 'full emotional' - I was at university in Nottingham and used to go and watch Forest a lot. I never want to pick up the phone again and have to hear the sense of relief in my mum's voice like I did on the day of Hillsborough when she found out I was at home.

(I know Hillsborough was not directly related to fighting on the day but the cages and the set up of the stand were absolutely a response to historical trouble).

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
June 27, 2023, 6:34pm
Guest User
I thought it was only 4000 at the Victoria ground too.
Reply: 8 - 31
louth_in_the_south
June 27, 2023, 7:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
Was anyone on the train home that stopped at uttoxeter ?!

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stoke v Town 91/92

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.