2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Corkyefes
June 20, 2023, 9:32am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
I would think that Hurst will stick his CV in, but not saying he will get chance to interview.

He has said in the past that he would relish the Sheff W or Rotherham jobs.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
Mariner_09
June 20, 2023, 9:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Corkyefes
I would think that Hurst will stick his CV in, but not saying he will get chance to interview.

He has said in the past that he would relish the Sheff W or Rotherham jobs.

Hurst needs to rebuild his reputation as a League manager first. Last time he went for a Championship club, you can make all the legitimate arguments about Ipswich being a basket case, it was a complete disaster.

No way Pedro this one happens.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
gtfc_chris
June 20, 2023, 9:55am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
I don't think is likely to happen for a few reasons but I also don't think his reputation as a league manager would detract them.

We as fans ordinarily look for the obvious in terms of what success a manager or player has had because looking in from the outside that's all we have to go on.

Internally, for those who work daily in the profession, they'll have a greater understanding of what his strengths are and whether they'd align to what they feel the Club needs, the same being true of any manager. They could look to his first time return to the league and a respectable finish at 'unfashionable' (still think there's some time needed to fully shake the dust off the last 20 years) Grimsby and think there's a manager who ticks their boxes. Similarly, with a lot of new, young coaches coming into the senior game from the youth level and having success, this is a route that although not identical is similar in principle.

Despite saying all that, I still think they'll go for someone more high profile. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to find someone from Germany or Spain as more and more of the higher clubs seem to be doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
Maringer
June 20, 2023, 10:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,509
Gold Stars: 185
My (Wednesday-supporting) brother-in-law says the jungle drums say it is going to be Carlos Carvahal coming in. Recently left Celta Vigo after helping them stay up, friends with the owner, owns a house in Sheffield, is reportedly currently in the city with a fan's forum due tonight...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
biggleswademariner
June 20, 2023, 10:18am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +11
That means he leaves tomorrow then - I'll get my coat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
chaos33
June 20, 2023, 10:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
If Wednesday give a second’s thought to Paul Hurst as their new manager then my c*** is a kipper.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
bawarmy
June 20, 2023, 11:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,009
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from buckstown
Must have another gig lined up

Moore was racially abused by the Wednesday supporters after the first leg 4-0 play off defeat. I wouldn't want to hang around after that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
ginnywings
June 25, 2023, 8:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
Another one gone before the season starts, but this one has recent history with us and we get a mention.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66013578
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
malkamalka
June 25, 2023, 8:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Maringer
My (Wednesday-supporting) brother-in-law says the jungle drums say it is going to be Carlos Carvahal coming in. Recently left Celta Vigo after helping them stay up, friends with the owner, owns a house in Sheffield, is reportedly currently in the city with a fan's forum due tonight...

Isn't he in line for the Leeds job?

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
RichMariner
June 25, 2023, 8:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
It'll soon become apparent whether getting rid of Moore was a good decision. However, after they overturned that 4-0 deficit in the play-off second leg it was clear how much the players thought of him.

Clearly, the owners don't value that sort of relationship. They won't care how emotionally connected the players are with the manager and his wider staff. It's a cold, ruthless business, and it's no surprise that loyalty very rarely shown in the other direction.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Darren Moore leaves Wednesday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.