Reply: 240 - 252
diehardmariner
July 6, 2023, 9:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
The red numbering wasn't easy to see on Tuesday night at 'Boro.  

I completely get why there's no block on the back for numbering, it looks excrement if you buy a replica top and then don't get a name/number.  But I think there probably needs to be two versions, one with the blocked out back so the name/number is visible (which would be the one the club uses and blokes who want Pete 69 on their shirt) and then the all striped version.

Other thing I noticed is the myenergi logo is on the back, across shoulders.  It's slightly higher than where the names but once the names are on the back of the shirt it's going to look quite cluttered.
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 252
BeijingMariner
July 6, 2023, 10:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
I hated the home kit when I first saw it, then I saw some shots of the players in action from the Borough game and I have softened to it, it's actually pretty good. It's not the same old same old, so I suppose you will always lose some people when you do something a bit different. So, bravo, I say.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 242 - 252
MaccasBoots
July 6, 2023, 11:24am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +684
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from BeijingMariner
I hated the home kit when I first saw it, then I saw some shots of the players in action from the Borough game and I have softened to it, it's actually pretty good. It's not the same old same old, so I suppose you will always lose some people when you do something a bit different. So, bravo, I say.

I think it looks nice "in action", particularly with the red kit numbers, but unfortunately it's not really my cup of tea personally. The black shoulders combined with the thick black stripes make it look a bit like there are shoulder pads!

I really like the red away kit though - clean and simple, with a subtle netting pattern as a nod to the local fishing industry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 252
NorthLondonMariner
July 6, 2023, 11:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from MaccasBoots

I think it looks nice "in action", particularly with the red kit numbers, but unfortunately it's not really my cup of tea personally. The black shoulders combined with the thick black stripes make it look a bit like there are shoulder pads!

I really like the red away kit though - clean and simple, with a subtle netting pattern as a nod to the local fishing industry.

It looks alright, but I do prefer it with a hint of red in it. Seeing as 3xl are already sold out, I think I am going to wait and buy the 3rd kit instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 252
spuggybridge
July 6, 2023, 12:31pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +41
Gold Stars: 1

Wasn't too keen of the home shirt on first impression but it has grown on me, and the neck line looks better than last years so I will probably buy it, as for the away shirt i'm not wearing anything that resembles a liverpool shirt ever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 252
jamesgtfc
July 6, 2023, 12:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,968
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner
The red numbering wasn't easy to see on Tuesday night at 'Boro.  

I completely get why there's no block on the back for numbering, it looks excrement if you buy a replica top and then don't get a name/number.  But I think there probably needs to be two versions, one with the blocked out back so the name/number is visible (which would be the one the club uses and blokes who want Pete 69 on their shirt) and then the all striped version.

Other thing I noticed is the myenergi logo is on the back, across shoulders.  It's slightly higher than where the names but once the names are on the back of the shirt it's going to look quite cluttered.

Ask anyone in the media and they hate numbers not being on a plain background. I know I do because it makes identifying the players even harder, especially if you are covering a team you are less familiar with.

Are we losing out commercially by having myenergi on the front, back and sleeve?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 252
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 6, 2023, 3:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,844
Gold Stars: 178
Some will like it. Some won’t. It’s never going to be universally accepted.

I personally, and again it’s down to if you like it or not, like the keepers shirt and would’ve liked that as a third kit. I like the home kit and the away kit is nice too.

I’d wonder what the reception for the ‘pinstripe’ kit from 93 would’ve been like had the fishy been around then.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 252
RonMariner
July 6, 2023, 7:51pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,721
Gold Stars: 226
Sorry but the new kit doesn’t float my boat. I prefer a few more stripes.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 252
forza ivano
July 7, 2023, 10:36am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,205
Gold Stars: 265
I cannot believe there is a 25 page thread on a bloody black n whitecstriped kit!
Anyway theres queues right down the street this morning, so they're obviously not that bad!

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1677239707913035779?t=uobZCh87gLJx6maYlLghRA&s=19
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 252
26 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kits

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.