HerveJosse
June 16, 2023, 6:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Posh Harry

Not a problem landing in a heap as an 18 year old, if it happened now I would end up in traction for 6 months!

By the time I was 18 I had graduated to the back of the Barrats which was just as bad only difference was the body’s were bigger
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
White_shorts
June 16, 2023, 6:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -647
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from It Bites
Brilliant

You are being sarcastic, aren't you? An upper tier twice the height of the rest of the ground but only running half the length of the pitch is not brilliant.  People sat behind glass making no noise for the team is sh!t for atmosphere.

You lot make it sound like the Mariners were top-flight champions multiple times when Blundell Park had terracing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
It Bites
June 16, 2023, 6:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,164
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from White_shorts

You are being sarcastic, aren't you? An upper tier twice the height of the rest of the ground but only running half the length of the pitch is not brilliant.  People sat behind glass making no noise for the team is sh!t for atmosphere.

You lot make it sound like the Mariners were top-flight champions multiple times when Blundell Park had terracing.

Mardy git . As I get older I see beauty in different things
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
louth_in_the_south
June 16, 2023, 7:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,689
Gold Stars: 96
I was in the Osmond for the Exeter game and had my first experience of being crushed against the fence and totally out of my control of my existence . Loved it !  

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
It Bites
June 16, 2023, 7:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,164
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I was in the Osmond for the Exeter game and had my first experience of being crushed against the fence and totally out of my control of my existence . Loved it !  

I was in there that day . Loved every minute....... Oh apart from that bit where they hit the post at 2-1
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
ancientmariner54
June 17, 2023, 12:27pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -186
Gold Stars: 13
Happy days indeed UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wasn't it beautiful ❤️

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.