July 30, 2023, 4:36pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,871
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Mappers
Yeovil have been taken over by a lifelong fan now (not sure if it covers that in the documentary as I have not watched it ) . But he seems a good guy , similiar to Pettit and Stockwood - seems to really want to put the club back in to the community . Hoping they do well this season , it can't be that long ago they were in The Champ.

I'm not so sure about this. One of York's new owners (who'd previously explored taking over Yeovil but decided against it in the end) has posted a bunch of messages he's been getting from the new Yeovil owner which make him look completely unhinged:

https://twitter.com/matt_uggla/status/1685044447162028032
No idea why there's such animosity between the two of them but the Yeovil owner's now deleted his twitter account lmao (probably cos one of his messages was a death threat)

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Mappers
July 30, 2023, 9:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Chrisblor

I'm not so sure about this. One of York's new owners (who'd previously explored taking over Yeovil but decided against it in the end) has posted a bunch of messages he's been getting from the new Yeovil owner which make him look completely unhinged:

https://twitter.com/matt_uggla/status/1685044447162028032
No idea why there's such animosity between the two of them but the Yeovil owner's now deleted his twitter account lmao (probably cos one of his messages was a death threat)

I saw that Chris , I had been following what's going on and it seemed to be all positives with the family overhauling the club . Now these messages and by all accounts a different side to this Hellier bloke which does not seem quite so sweet as the picture that was being painted .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
aldi_01
July 31, 2023, 7:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Where have I seen this before?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Les Brechin
July 31, 2023, 9:34am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from RonMariner
Pretty dispiriting stuff, as we know from watching Town go down several times.

It seems to me that Cooper accepted relegation a few games before the coup de grace at Wrexham because his tone went from the f'ing this to f'ing that, to 'go out and enjoy yourselves, no pressure, I don't care about the result'. The lack of quality in the squad was beyond repair by use of any high pressure motivational techniques at this point.

4 relegations in 9 years. The game against Scunthorpe in the NLN this season could have been a championship fixture not so long ago.

What a 12 months JMD has had though. He went from scoring the winner in the play off final - probably the high point of his career to date, then proposing to his girlfriend on a boat in Dubai a couple of days later, to trudging disconsolately off the pitch after a home defeat to Dorking which virtually guaranteed relegation to the NLN. Meanwhile many of his 2016 team mates were playing in the Quarter Final of the FA Cup.

I fear Orsi might suffer a similar fate. FA cup hero one season to a possible relegation dog fight the next.

I very much doubt that Yeovil will be in the NLN this season but I get where you're coming from.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
lukeo
July 31, 2023, 9:36am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,378
Gold Stars: 148
Watched the first half an hour of episode 1

Very samesie like the others but I'll continue to watch as I do enjoy seeing the day to day backroom stuff of a pro (or semi pro) football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
RonMariner
July 31, 2023, 3:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,731
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Les Brechin

I very much doubt that Yeovil will be in the NLN this season but I get where you're coming from.  

Well spotted Les!

They are in fact in the NLS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yeovil Town FC - DO OR DIE

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.