DB
June 16, 2023, 9:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from RonMariner

Cheers Mappers. It is bloody awful. Given that I am in my sixties and a bit overweight,and the severity of the symptoms I was really worried I might not make it, but thankfully I feel quite a lot better today.

Good to hear you'r on the mend, look after yourself.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
RonMariner
June 16, 2023, 10:39am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,733
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from DB

Good to hear you'r on the mend, look after yourself.

Cheers DB.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
BenBB
July 28, 2023, 6:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
[youtube]1XWZMSWeNrg[/youtube]

Part 2 is out

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 25
Mappers
July 28, 2023, 6:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
Yeovil have been taken over by a lifelong fan now (not sure if it covers that in the documentary as I have not watched it ) . But he seems a good guy , similiar to Pettit and Stockwood - seems to really want to put the club back in to the community . Hoping they do well this season , it can't be that long ago they were in The Champ.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
GrimExile
July 28, 2023, 7:46pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from RonMariner
Enjoyed that. I am stuck in bed with covid so this was something to do to ease the boredom. Will look out for part 2.
Feel sorry for JMD.

Get well mate. #UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
ska face
July 28, 2023, 10:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,666
Gold Stars: 847
Christ, how bad are they? Even at our lowest ebb, we were still mid-table in the conference.

Thought we’d see something of the massive bust up between Cooper & the owner that was played out on Twitter at the time, but entirely missed that out.

Might be wrong but the owner who took them down, is that now the owner at York?
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
moosey_club
July 29, 2023, 9:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Quoted from RonMariner
Enjoyed that. I am stuck in bed with covid so this was something to do to ease the boredom. Will look out for part 2.w
Feel sorry for JMD.

You been playing darts with Hollowhead ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
marinerjase
July 29, 2023, 11:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,656
Gold Stars: 147
Found it a bit repetitive tbh, much like the Arsenal one. Clip of game..manager rambles on ..and repeat. Appreciate not a lot you can do with these but if you’re going to do them - let those watching see it all..the bust ups, arguments, laughs..whatever

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
RonMariner
July 30, 2023, 3:37pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,733
Pretty dispiriting stuff, as we know from watching Town go down several times.

It seems to me that Cooper accepted relegation a few games before the coup de grace at Wrexham because his tone went from the f'ing this to f'ing that, to 'go out and enjoy yourselves, no pressure, I don't care about the result'. The lack of quality in the squad was beyond repair by use of any high pressure motivational techniques at this point.

4 relegations in 9 years. The game against Scunthorpe in the NLN this season could have been a championship fixture not so long ago.

What a 12 months JMD has had though. He went from scoring the winner in the play off final - probably the high point of his career to date, then proposing to his girlfriend on a boat in Dubai a couple of days later, to trudging disconsolately off the pitch after a home defeat to Dorking which virtually guaranteed relegation to the NLN. Meanwhile many of his 2016 team mates were playing in the Quarter Final of the FA Cup.

I fear Orsi might suffer a similar fate. FA cup hero one season to a possible relegation dog fight the next.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
thornemariner
July 30, 2023, 4:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +664
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from RonMariner
Pretty dispiriting stuff, as we know from watching Town go down several times.

It seems to me that Cooper accepted relegation a few games before the coup de grace at Wrexham because his tone went from the f'ing this to f'ing that, to 'go out and enjoy yourselves, no pressure, I don't care about the result'. The lack of quality in the squad was beyond repair by use of any high pressure motivational techniques at this point.

4 relegations in 9 years. The game against Scunthorpe in the NLN this season could have been a championship fixture not so long ago.

What a 12 months JMD has had though. He went from scoring the winner in the play off final - probably the high point of his career to date, then proposing to his girlfriend on a boat in Dubai a couple of days later, to trudging disconsolately off the pitch after a home defeat to Dorking which virtually guaranteed relegation to the NLN. Meanwhile many of his 2016 team mates were playing in the Quarter Final of the FA Cup.

I fear Orsi might suffer a similar fate. FA cup hero one season to a possible relegation dog fight the next.

They beat Brentford in the 2012-13 play-off final to win promotion to the Championship. How fortunes change.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yeovil Town FC - DO OR DIE

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.