June 11, 2023, 10:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -681
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from HerveJosse

David Felgate Wales

Does Zhang Enhua count?  His Town goal celebration was used as the opening credits on ITV's Goals on Sunday.
BTW he died in 2021 at the ripe old age of 48
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
Poojah
June 11, 2023, 10:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,610
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from GrimPol

Does Zhang Enhua count?  His Town goal celebration was used as the opening credits on ITV's Goals on Sunday.
BTW he died in 2021 at the ripe old age of 48

Drank himself to death at his 48th birthday party by all accounts. Tragic. Had a great spell with us.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
grimsby pete
June 11, 2023, 10:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Poojah

Drank himself to death at his 48th birthday party by all accounts. Tragic. Had a great spell with us.

I did not know that tragic like you said.

I saw him play for us at Norwich and was impressed

Even though we did not win.!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
Madeleymariner
June 11, 2023, 3:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
His son was born in Grimsby I think wonder if he is a footballer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
Mariner16
June 20, 2023, 1:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Started for NZ against Qatar but the game was abandoned at HT after a NZ player was racially abused by a Qatari player with no official action taken, the NZ team refused to play the second half  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 20, 2023, 1:58pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 118
"There was a deadline on my decision as the manager wanted to know what I was doing, so that if I wasn’t staying he could bring in replacements early."

"That made it tougher and kind of forced the decision a little bit......... I was happy to stay, but he wants to bring in other goalkeepers and there was not really that guarantee that I would play."

Good move by Hurst that. Don't let any player have the upper hand.

How long did Crocombe expect Hurst to wait for an answer, especially when he had been told that there was no guarantee he would even play. If you can't make a decision in a decent amount of time..........tata.........don't let the door hit your bottom on the way out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
codcheeky
June 20, 2023, 2:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
"There was a deadline on my decision as the manager wanted to know what I was doing, so that if I wasn’t staying he could bring in replacements early."

"That made it tougher and kind of forced the decision a little bit......... I was happy to stay, but he wants to bring in other goalkeepers and there was not really that guarantee that I would play."

Good move by Hurst that. Don't let any player have the upper hand.

How long did Crocombe expect Hurst to wait for an answer, especially when he had been told that there was no guarantee he would even play. If you can't make a decision in a decent amount of time..........tata.........don't let the door hit your bottom on the way out.

I understand that players want to be first choice but no-one has the right to be automatically selected each week, it is up to each individual to prove their worth as a first team player when they get the opportunity and in training.
We do not know the full discussion but it seems Hurst is looking for improvement and obviously didn’t want to be left in the lurch at the last moment. Max had the choice and didn’t take it, I liked him and he commanded his six yard box from crosses and corners very well, but other aspects needed improvement.
He will always be remembered for being part of that team and the incredible play offs
Hope he gets sorted with a decent club and wish him all the best for his future
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Max Crocombe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.