3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
The Yard Dog
May 16, 2023, 12:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Club have announced sold over 1000 season tickets for next season, almost half are new season tickets.

Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner91
May 16, 2023, 12:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Club have announced sold over 1000 season tickets for next season, almost half are new season tickets.

That's slightly surprising but I'm guessing it was people sick of not getting seats together!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
Mappers
May 16, 2023, 12:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,323
Gold Stars: 118
What we want is Wrexham,Notts,Donny,Mansfield and Bradford if they remain as the first 5 home games .

Won't happen

But if it did , we would max out on season tickets just on fear of missing out .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Bigdog
May 16, 2023, 12:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from The Yard Dog

The can't get matchday tickets together or view from the top of the Main factor?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
LH
May 16, 2023, 12:41pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,526
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from mariner91

That's slightly surprising but I'm guessing it was people sick of not getting seats together!

Probably exacerbates the match day ticket problem though. Unless theyre including the waiting list orders.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
mariner91
May 16, 2023, 12:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from LH

Probably exacerbates the match day ticket problem though. Unless theyre including the waiting list orders.

It’s almost like capacity should be increased if possible. Does anyone know what the capacity is currently…..?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
HerveJosse
May 16, 2023, 12:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
As I have said on various threads we will sell over 6000 . I can’t understand why others think we would  not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
gtfc_chris
May 16, 2023, 1:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from Bigdog

The can't get matchday tickets together or view from the top of the Main factor?

We're intending on getting 4 season tickets this season and will be new ST holders and that is the very reason why. Don't have any complaints at being in the Osmond, I quite like it in fact and it's not often that it's been difficult to come by tickets for the most part. Granted we won't be going in the stand I'd most want to be in and will be in the Main Stand but I'd rather have the knowledge that our seats are sorted each week.

I know it's been argued to death about STs, walk up tickets and the lack of visible hoards of people being turned away but this forum is a fraction of the local populous, some of whom may be taking an interest for the first time with the positivity generated over the last two years. Just because people might not hear/see it inside their bubbles doesn't mean there aren't a few hundred (being reasonable on any potential numbers that are opting to stay away, it's highly unlikely to be thousands) that we could be getting through the gates.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
Mappers
May 16, 2023, 1:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from gtfc_chris

We're intending on getting 4 season tickets this season and will be new ST holders and that is the very reason why. Don't have any complaints at being in the Osmond, I quite like it in fact and it's not often that it's been difficult to come by tickets for the most part. Granted we won't be going in the stand I'd most want to be in and will be in the Main Stand but I'd rather have the knowledge that our seats are sorted each week.

I know it's been argued to death about STs, walk up tickets and the lack of visible hoards of people being turned away but this forum is a fraction of the local populous, some of whom may be taking an interest for the first time with the positivity generated over the last two years. Just because people might not hear/see it inside their bubbles doesn't mean there aren't a few hundred (being reasonable on any potential numbers that are opting to stay away, it's highly unlikely to be thousands) that we could be getting through the gates.

The last paragraph makes a good point , i don't think regulars are getting turned away or not going due to lack of /poor seats .

It's more the 'regular irregulars' i know a good few who sort of semi support town (we all know some)through thick and thin who would normally do 4 or 5 games a season but either have not wanted to be at the back of the main , or gone and said 'I won't do that again this year ' after being in a poor seat - you could argue atm it does not matter to the club as the take up of tickets is so high , but when times were hard probably more important .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
pizzzza
May 16, 2023, 1:44pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
0 Season Tickets will be sold...

They are called "Season Passes" nowadays  
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
aldi_01
May 17, 2023, 7:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Naturally, I’ll be getting mine and all the STHs I know are renewing also. I guess some won’t renew for reasons known only to them and that’s their choice, I just hope they don’t become the people moaning if they aren’t able to get a ticket on a match day or for a big away game. Sadly, that’s how it goes, there isn’t another system so far and I still think we’re a fair way from having a posing, which, having looked at many others, will still benefit STHs.

The debate about extra seating has been done to death, as has the debate about returned tickets etc to the club, I don’t think there is a sensible or truly viable option…let’s face it, a excrement Tuesday night game in the dead of winter and a lull in form, you could have several return their tickets but nobody purchase them…might only be a small amount but the club could end up paying out money with none coming back in for those seats…I don’t know what the solution is to be honest.

I know there’s been the odd person on here who’s decided they’re not happy as haven’t gone or a few that have said they haven’t been able to get a ticket but I still don’t believe we’re turning hoards of folk away, who knows.

I think we have to take the positives out of all of this to be honest, after a decent season, albeit a bang average league season (more than happy with this to be fair) we’re still looking at shifting a boat load of STs, something we struggled with even when we played in the championship.

Things are happening at our club, after years of being on life support, it’s changing. It might not be quick, it might all be about the playing side of things but the club is changing and changing for the best and clearly people want to be apart of that…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
rancido
May 17, 2023, 9:30am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,569
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from aldi_01
Naturally, I’ll be getting mine and all the STHs I know are renewing also. I guess some won’t renew for reasons known only to them and that’s their choice, I just hope they don’t become the people moaning if they aren’t able to get a ticket on a match day or for a big away game. Sadly, that’s how it goes, there isn’t another system so far and I still think we’re a fair way from having a posing, which, having looked at many others, will still benefit STHs.

The debate about extra seating has been done to death, as has the debate about returned tickets etc to the club, I don’t think there is a sensible or truly viable option…let’s face it, a excrement Tuesday night game in the dead of winter and a lull in form, you could have several return their tickets but nobody purchase them…might only be a small amount but the club could end up paying out money with none coming back in for those seats…I don’t know what the solution is to be honest.

I know there’s been the odd person on here who’s decided they’re not happy as haven’t gone or a few that have said they haven’t been able to get a ticket but I still don’t believe we’re turning hoards of folk away, who knows.

I think we have to take the positives out of all of this to be honest, after a decent season, albeit a bang average league season (more than happy with this to be fair) we’re still looking at shifting a boat load of STs, something we struggled with even when we played in the championship.

Things are happening at our club, after years of being on life support, it’s changing. It might not be quick, it might all be about the playing side of things but the club is changing and changing for the best and clearly people want to be apart of that…

Great post and completely sums up the whole situation as regards tickets available and ST no- shows. There is no easy answer that will satisfy all parties and situations.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
HerveJosse
May 17, 2023, 11:47am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

I think you are wrong when you say significant numbers of people aren’t been turned away. Yes on a freezing Tuesday night with the latter stages of the champions League on tv you are right on other occasions you are not. If we end up selling out all but our share of the Osmond and a few back row seats in the Maine Stand as season tickets which we will where is the next generation of town fans going to come from? Get some seats in the corners instead of endlessly looking into it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
Poojah
May 17, 2023, 11:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,550
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from HerveJosse

I think you are wrong when you say significant numbers of people aren’t been turned away. Yes on a freezing Tuesday night with the latter stages of the champions League on tv you are right on other occasions you are not. If we end up selling out all but our share of the Osmond and a few back row seats in the Maine Stand as season tickets which we will where is the next generation of town fans going to come from? Get some seats in the corners instead of endlessly looking into it!

I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened yet, but I expect it won’t be announced until the latest possible moment. Perceived scarcity played a big role in our record ST sales last year; the club won’t want to lose that effect.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
toontown
May 17, 2023, 12:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from aldi_01

I don't think anyone has suggested the club pay for returned seats by season ticket holders regardless of whether they are then sold or not. I think it being dependent on the seat being sold on is an absolute given.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
Mappers
May 17, 2023, 12:29pm
Champagne Drinker
The club should just clarify if they don't /can't do any sort of scheme that enables non-attendees something in return for not showing up ,and then at least they can't moan /have the option not to purchase if they so choose .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
Mappers
May 17, 2023, 12:31pm
Champagne Drinker
I think Herrvee is right they will go like hot cakes ,especially near the end of the window when people get tetchy about not being at the back of the main .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
lukeo
May 17, 2023, 2:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
How many seats are in the corner of the omsond? If it meets the criteria of seats we should offer the away fans then take a risk and chuck every teams away fans in the corner and open up the osmond to season ticket holders and match day goers. Realistically any team who will look to bring over 600 are teams our not so arsed fans want to come to anyway so we will fill it no problem for those games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
Mariner_09
May 17, 2023, 2:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from lukeo
How many seats are in the corner of the omsond? If it meets the criteria of seats we should offer the away fans then take a risk and chuck every teams away fans in the corner and open up the osmond to season ticket holders and match day goers. Realistically any team who will look to bring over 600 are teams our not so arsed fans want to come to anyway so we will fill it no problem for those games.

Mansfield, Stockport, Bradford, Doncaster, Notts County, Wrexham will all bring more than 600. Maybe Carlisle as well.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
gtfc_chris
May 17, 2023, 3:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from aldi_01

I’d agree with the vast majority of that but I know you’re quite adamant on other posts that there aren’t hoards of people banging on the door, but I’m interested to know how you quantify that?

It’s nigh on impossible to say either way what is happening. There are something like 100,000 people in Gy/Clee, not checked the actual numbers so estimating. However, we can’t know how many of those 100,000 aren’t turning up. We don’t know how many are too old/young. We don’t know how many don’t follow football. How many work? How many are STs at other clubs? How many would turn up if the right quantity of seats in the right area were available?

I can’t claim you’re wrong, but equally I don’t see how you can claim with such certainty that you’re right. I know that the fact we don’t sell out will be a very logical argument and hard to argue yet it doesn’t take into account minute factors that might turn people off. To you and I, sitting behind the goal isn’t an issue or problem, a casual fan may only bother if they’re along the sides. Sounds daft and I’m not suggesting there are hundreds of people in this category but there could be a number of ‘daft’ reasons that turn people off that could extend into the hundreds.

For me, if a system to release STs to general for greater accessibility doesn’t exist, with the growing interest we have to realistically consider more capacity so we don’t risk that spectrum of fans potentially wanting to jump on the bandwagon wave it past because we can’t meet their preferences. There’s a limit to which we can go with that (extending Findus for example), but if 500 extra seats can be added in the main stand with restricted views removed then we’re certainly demonstrating progression and a willingness to accommodate what will hopefully be a growing fan base over the years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
rancido
May 17, 2023, 3:31pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,569
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from HerveJosse

Could you quantify ' significant '?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
HerveJosse
May 17, 2023, 4:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Could you quantify ' significant '?

I followed Aldis choice of words but any more then a few hundred would be significant for me given this cohort will include our next generation of fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
HerveJosse
June 30, 2023, 8:51am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse
As I have said on various threads we will sell over 6000 . I can’t understand why others think we would  not.

So now the problems start.
1 How many of the 1000 who have applied in the overflow areas aren’t going to be offered an acceptable seat and will be either withdraw or be disgruntled
2 How many who would buy on match days are going to be turned away if we get off to even a reasonable start.

All this let’s wait and see  or we are looking into it is just wasting time .
The issue has been bleeding obvious for twelve  months now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season tickets 2023/24

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.