3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
May 13, 2023, 9:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,355
Gold Stars: 66
We talk about the lack of atmosphere at bp and having just watched the Fulham semi final highlights ( some say the best atmosphere ever ) and noticed we no longer have the horn d d ddd dddd GRIMSBY there nothing like a good horn to get the crowd going
Logged Offline
Private Message
ska face
May 13, 2023, 9:17am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,713
Gold Stars: 850
That one just before our goal was me aged 10. Remember my dad borrowed it from work & I tried to test it out in his van going up Scartho Road on the way to the match.

Might bring it back this season.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
aldi_01
May 13, 2023, 9:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from ska face
That one just before our goal was me aged 10. Remember my dad borrowed it from work & I tried to test it out in his van going up Scartho Road on the way to the match.

I took one to Braintree…and Gateshead but they were quickly thrown…think we’ve talked about the Fulham one before…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
RonMariner
May 13, 2023, 10:34am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,766
Gold Stars: 226
I took one to the 2016 play off final and the confiscated it as I went through the turnstile. Well they said I could take the plastic horn bit in, but not the can that went with it. As if I could blow the sodding thing. They said I might throw the can at somebody. Really?

I'd paid £4.99 for it the day before. As they wouldn't let me take it in I said that I would use it up to get my moneys worth. So I stood there and blew it continually for about a minute or so before I was told to stop it or get ejected. So I had to give it to them.

Just jobsworths using their 'power'.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
crusty ole pie
May 13, 2023, 10:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Brilliant timing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
crusty ole pie
May 13, 2023, 10:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Have you still got that actual horn ? If so it needs to go in a glass cabinet in the trust bar lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
It Bites
May 13, 2023, 11:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,235
Gold Stars: 265
The atmosphere is crap because the away support is generally crap and the football ain't great . It's still division 4 how ever you dress it up . Grimsby and Fulham were both great teams and we were the underdogs and it was the second leg .
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 13, 2023, 11:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,858
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from It Bites
The atmosphere is crap because the away support is generally crap and the football ain't great . It's still division 4 how ever you dress it up . Grimsby and Fulham were both great teams and we were the underdogs and it was the second leg .

I remember playing in div 4 when the away fans were in the pontoon corner (unless there was a big crowd) and it was great.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
ska face
May 13, 2023, 11:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,713
Gold Stars: 850
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Have you still got that actual horn ? If so it needs to go in a glass cabinet in the trust bar lol

Unfortunately the old cnt took it off me after tooting it around the house, never to be seen again.

Now as a father of a young child, the thought of her loose in the house with an industrial air horn fills me with dread, so fair enough I suppose.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
moosey_club
May 13, 2023, 12:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,269
Gold Stars: 226
Atmosphere will continue to shrink as the family theme grows unfortunately....being sat in the Pontoon it's noticeable how the demographic in there now has changed down the years...when i first started going to BP in the late 70's the Pontoon was a feared place to go even  by home supporters...that continued into the 80's..

There are now large amounts of families, toddlers and teenage girls in there and with the best will in the world they don't bring a vociferous roar.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just realised

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.