Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread

This thread currently has 714,473 views. Print
402 Pages Prev ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 Next All Recommend Thread
September 2, 2023, 1:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

There's no doubt we have signed several improvements to our squad but the fact that Ben Davies came out and said that more additions were expected only 24 hours ago underlines the fact that we've missed out on targets. As pointed out elsewhere, we've only signed Andrews and Gnahoua since Conteh signed two months ago and, either we're still 'unattractive little old Grimsby' or we're still not prepared to match what others are in terms of cash.

It's all well and good investing in a better recruitment process but it does rely on you getting in some of the targets he identifies.

Or not able to, do you think we have a bottomless well of money?

Reply: 3920 - 4018
Mallyner
September 2, 2023, 2:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
I have been saying this since about 2016, but I feel we need to look in Scotland.

I recommended Kevin Nisbet who was banging in goals for fun for Raith Rovers, he then later moved onto Hibs for £200,000 roughly and having played for Scotland, he was sold in the summer for 2 million plus to Millwall; and has just scored his second goal in 2 weeks.

Another posted mentioned Lawrence Shankland at Ayr, who scored loads of goals for them; and now plays for Hearts, where I believe he has now score 25,

The player I now recommend is Tommy Goss, born in England but last season his 27 goals in 42 games, fired Annan Athletic into Scottish division 1. OK he will be raw, but he is a brute of a man, who plays number 9; and he has been injured at the start of the season, but he is back and could be someone to watch for January.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3921 - 4018
September 2, 2023, 2:01pm
Guest User

No but neither am I in reality Lew Chatterley's lover. The owners have repeatedly talked about new investment into the club and without it both on and off the field it will be difficult.

The problem is, how do you force people into investing into the club if they don't feel inclined to?  A mid table 4th Division club is hardly an attractive opportunity.

Reply: 3922 - 4018
HatTrickHero
September 2, 2023, 2:05pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Feel for Harrogate and the player himself, but I'm sure they've bagged themselves a decent documentary episode out of it all.

Can almost imagine the cameras rolling as they wait until the last 30 seconds to make the signing, dramatic music composed and  ready to slide in to this sequence for the Hollywood touch, and their internet stutters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3923 - 4018
September 2, 2023, 2:13pm
Guest User
Who was the guy that was moaning on here yesterday that ticket sales were well down for today and saying that it showed supporters were unhappy in general?  We've sold 7,000 mate!
Reply: 3924 - 4018
Sir Matt Tease
September 2, 2023, 2:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +293
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Davec
Kane Hemmings signs for Stevenage, so any hopes that he may sign for us outside the transfer window are dashed

I'm afraid that we have to accept the unpalatable truth, better players want to play for ambitious, successful, forward thinking clubs and that's why Kane Hemmings and Charlie McNeill have signed for Stevenage. They are currently a better side than us and are managed by a better manager than we have in Steve Evans. I find it amazing that there are posters on here who have stated publicly that they would no longer attend games at Blundell Park with Evans in charge, people for whom their dislike of a manger is deemed more important that the progression of their own club, ridiculous !!!!!!!
I used to find it amazing that some of our fans even disliked Buckley and look what fabulous footballing sides he produced. I'm afraid that we have to accept that we are "little old Grimsby" and as such must leave potential future success to the so called "big guns" of the division such as Barrow, Accrington Stanley and Salford ! The good old days have long gone and I see no signs of them returning any time soon. Mid to lower end league 2 obscurity beckons with Hurst's ultra negative tactics, (if you can call them tactics) and I'm afraid we could be waiting for some time for them to return.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3925 - 4018
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 2, 2023, 3:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

They are currently a better side than us and are managed by a better manager than we have in Steve Evans. I find it amazing that there are posters on here who have stated publicly that they would no longer attend games at Blundell Park with Evans in charge, people for whom their dislike of a manger is deemed more important that the progression of their own club, ridiculous !!!!!!!

As I keep saying, there is stuff about Evans that isn’t in the public domain. That’s on top of all the stuff that is.

I can cope with him being a twât. I can even forgive the fraud. It’s the other non-football stuff that’s the problem.

I mean, I don’t like Graham Westley or Neil Warnock or Jose Mourinho but I’d support them if it meant we got three points. Evans on the other hand, no chance. He should be back in prison and certainly doesn’t belong in football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3926 - 4018
September 2, 2023, 3:54pm
Guest User
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

I'm afraid that we have to accept the unpalatable truth, better players want to play for ambitious, successful, forward thinking clubs and that's why Kane Hemmings and Charlie McNeill have signed for Stevenage. They are currently a better side than us and are managed by a better manager than we have in Steve Evans. I find it amazing that there are posters on here who have stated publicly that they would no longer attend games at Blundell Park with Evans in charge, people for whom their dislike of a manger is deemed more important that the progression of their own club, ridiculous !!!!!!!
I used to find it amazing that some of our fans even disliked Buckley and look what fabulous footballing sides he produced. I'm afraid that we have to accept that we are "little old Grimsby" and as such must leave potential future success to the so called "big guns" of the division such as Barrow, Accrington Stanley and Salford ! The good old days have long gone and I see no signs of them returning any time soon. Mid to lower end league 2 obscurity beckons with Hurst's ultra negative tactics, (if you can call them tactics) and I'm afraid we could be waiting for some time for them to return.

So is 2-0 at HT good enough for you?

Reply: 3927 - 4018
forza ivano
September 2, 2023, 3:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from 123614
Who was the guy that was moaning on here yesterday that ticket sales were well down for today and saying that it showed supporters were unhappy in general?  We've sold 7,000 mate!

Fenty's lover Herve
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3928 - 4018
DB
September 2, 2023, 4:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from 123614

The gate is 6479 so 500+ failed to turn up.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3929 - 4018
402 Pages Prev ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.