8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Yarborough Vaults
April 24, 2023, 11:04am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
See he is leaving BBC Radio Humberside due to cuts. Real shame as enjoyed listening to him. With the Telewag a pale shadow of what it once was, and people like Burnsy getting the chop, it's not good for us fans to find out what's really going on.

If no real press, Alex May would be on board with JF and you just end up with no one really being held to account.

Shame what's happening, especially at the BBC when seems plenty of other bits of fat to trim there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Zmariner
April 24, 2023, 11:13am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Sorry to hear that, I thought he was very good. Bored of paying for the TV licence. Time to stop TV tax I think , happy to pay for news but not drivel like Shearer and co.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 79
Son of Cod
April 24, 2023, 11:37am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Wow, sad news that. Don't always agree with him but he's been on Humberside as long as I can remember, proper end of an era stuff this. There'll be no decent local BBC coverage unless you live in London/Manchester before long.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 79
Roast Em Bobby
April 24, 2023, 11:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Zmariner
Sorry to hear that, I thought he was very good. Bored of paying for the TV licence. Time to stop TV tax I think , happy to pay for news but not drivel like Shearer and co.

You do realise you already pay and don't have a choice about subsiding all commercial TV channels, whether or not you watch or subscribe to them, by virtue of tv advertising costs that are added to nearly every product you buy?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 79
Dodorondon
April 24, 2023, 12:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: -31
Gold Stars: 6
Usual bbc trick of cuts followed by reasons why the service will be so much better. No.Never is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 79
Chrisblor
April 24, 2023, 12:18pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 238
Absolutely disgusting what the've done to the BBC over the last decade or so. Local News and Radio was one of the few remaining worthwhile things about the licence fee, but now they're gutting that as well. Local journalism is on its bottom, so we can just expect more and more decline, nepotism and corruption to go on unexposed. It's mad to me that a load of BBC HR dickheads have decided axing someone like David Burns who epitomises what local radio is all about is in the best interests of anyone except bent politicians - it's certainly not a decision anyone in the general public with links to Humberside is happy about judging by the responses to his tweet.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 79
Mayaman
April 24, 2023, 12:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Chrisblor
Absolutely disgusting what the've done to the BBC over the last decade or so. Local News and Radio was one of the few remaining worthwhile things about the licence fee, but now they're gutting that as well. Local journalism is on its bottom, so we can just expect more and more decline, nepotism and corruption to go on unexposed. It's mad to me that a load of BBC HR dickheads have decided axing someone like David Burns who epitomises what local radio is all about is in the best interests of anyone except bent politicians - it's certainly not a decision anyone in the general public with links to Humberside is happy about judging by the responses to his tweet.

They'll get their bonuses for making such decisions just like the people at the bank that nearly went under got theirs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 79
Mappers
April 24, 2023, 1:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,386
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Chrisblor

I have always liked Burnsey even though he's a Town fan who covers Hull you can tell he cares about The Tagers , us and our neighbours .

His programme is half decent to , it always made me laugh when he had our former custodian on ; he talked rings around him (you could argue that was never hard ) and i always remember when he asked JF  (about the new stadium ) 'so how are you planning on funding it fella ?' and our Johns answer was 'because we will ! '
That pretty much summed up the 20 year stadium pipe dream.

Hopefully Big Burnsy gets fixed up somewhere else .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 79
Withnail
April 24, 2023, 1:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Morale at bbc local radio is on its bottom. Local radio journalists, including those with long service, are having to reapply for their existing jobs/go up against colleagues for a fewer pool of jobs, and are being given 60 seconds in an interview to state 'why we should save your job".

It's being likened to the Hunger Games, pitting everyone against one another.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 79
exiledmeggie
April 24, 2023, 1:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -227
Gold Stars: 19
Disgraceful, he is my one contact with Grimsby keeping me, as an exile, informed about the place we all love and know!

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 79
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.