HertsGTFC
April 25, 2023, 5:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Think that’s the first time I’ve agreed with one of your posts in quite a while!!

Every other tv channel raises funding via advertising and in the modern world that’s what the BBC should do and scrap tv licence fees. Save a fortune on the admin required to collect the fees as well so win win. Growing up the Beeb had quality commentators for every sport, Wolstenholme, Arlott, Benaud, Coleman, Longhurst, Maskell, Allis et al but those days are long gone I’m afraid along with most of their sports coverage.

If commercial funding was the catalyst for terrestrial TV getting the big sporting events and presenters ITV would have done it already.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 79
GollyGTFC
April 25, 2023, 6:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,036
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from ska face

Jesus wept

Worrying, these people can vote. As we found out in 2016 and 2019.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 51 - 79
Azimuth
April 25, 2023, 7:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +707
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Worrying, these people can vote. As we found out in 2016 and 2019.

So you are saying only people who share your veiwpoint should be allowed to vote?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 79
chaos33
April 25, 2023, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,969
Gold Stars: 360
Anyone who thinks the BBC is ‘left meaning’ given what we know about the Chair, his links, and the present incarnation of what passes for government in this country these days, should get their eyes and ears tested.
Just another example of our client media gaslighting folk in this country, and getting away with it because there are masses who are too dense, suggestible or bigoted to make an actual, informed, uncontaminated judgement. Don’t think. Just ‘feel’.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 79
Heisenberg
April 25, 2023, 10:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,097
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from chaos33
Anyone who thinks the BBC is ‘left meaning’ given what we know about the Chair, his links, and the present incarnation of what passes for government in this country these days, should get their eyes and ears tested.
Just another example of our client media gaslighting folk in this country, and getting away with it because there are masses who are too dense, suggestible or bigoted to make an actual, informed, uncontaminated judgement. Don’t think. Just ‘feel’.

Thanks for suggesting I’m ‘dense’, chaos.

All I see on BBC News is Tory bashing and Starmer getting his bottom tongued. It’s been like that for years too.

I don’t really care as my next vote is as yet undecided, but the BBC is definitely too PC at the minute,

I’ll not bother with name calling, despite me having a different opinion to some, I’m better than that x.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 79
Zmariner
April 25, 2023, 10:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Heisenberg

IF he existed. Which he didn’t.

I would research that statement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 79
ska face
April 25, 2023, 11:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,746
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Heisenberg

Thanks for suggesting I’m ‘dense’, chaos.

All I see on BBC News is Tory bashing and Starmer getting his bottom tongued. It’s been like that for years too.

I don’t really care as my next vote is as yet undecided, but the BBC is definitely too PC at the minute,

I’ll not bother with name calling, despite me having a different opinion to some, I’m better than that x.

Yeah and what’s “left” about Starmer?
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 79
promotion plaice
April 25, 2023, 11:38pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200

Surprise surprise, it's turned into a political debate.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 79
ginnywings
April 25, 2023, 11:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from promotion plaice

Surprise surprise, it's turned into a political debate.

So you move it to non footy.

Can't have those pesky politics now can we?

It's a political choice to defund the BBC, which has led to the Burns departure, so I'm afraid you can't take politics out of the debate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 79
promotion plaice
April 25, 2023, 11:57pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from ginnywings

So you move it to non footy.

Can't have those pesky politics now can we?

It's a political choice to defund the BBC, which has led to the Burns departure, so I'm afraid you can't take politics out of the debate.

Exactly, that's why it's been moved to non footy, simple as that, I'm not taking sides.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.