2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
April 22, 2023, 1:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
I thought seems as we have massive obsessive threads with Scunthorpe and Wrexham we should have a Grimsby one
UTM

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
supertown
April 22, 2023, 2:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,470
Gold Stars: 53
Buffoon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
moosey_club
April 22, 2023, 7:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 226
I thought seems as we have massive obsessive threads with Scunthorpe and Wrexham we should have a Grimsby one
UTM

Great idea.

I am glad we aren't Scunthorpe or Wrexham. 🤭

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
dapperz fun pub
April 22, 2023, 7:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,048
Gold Stars: 84
My club my love my frustration hate the premiership hate the Torys hope this helps
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
The Caterham Mariner
April 23, 2023, 8:16am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 8
ABOUT BLOODY TIME !!
My home town team ,
Up the road I have Crystal Palace
My sons both support Chelsea who frankly get on my mammaries with an American owner who has no idea of English Football !! Who has sacked so managers  I have lost count looking for a magic  wand to fix it all, Thats why i don't follow or get involved in American Football.
But Grimsby Town a gritty Northern team these last 20- 30 years raise an eyebrow when someone asks what team you support?
Great to see back in league 2 again for how long I know not,nor care..cross my fingers and toes one day go to league 1 .
Shocked the blokes at work with our FA Cup run.
The Media attention  over "our Harry!" caused a stir after the Southampton fuss.
No you dont see me at BP only away games.
I get told to get on with it on a Saturday
afternoon listening to Mariners TV - radio commentary in the dining room.
The Fishy makes me giggle as read some of the moans and groans , blokes quoting stats etc ...good points too
All the best
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Limerick Mariner
April 23, 2023, 2:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,735
Gold Stars: 138
ABOUT BLOODY TIME !!
My home town team ,
My sons both support Chelsea who frankly get on my mammaries with an American owner who has no idea of English Football !! Who has sacked so managers  I have lost count looking for a magic  wand to fix it all, Thats why i don't follow or get involved in American Football.
But Grimsby Town a gritty Northern team these last 20- 30 years raise an eyebrow when someone asks what team you support?
Great to see back in league 2 again for how long I know not,nor care..cross my fingers and toes one day go to league 1 .
The Media attention  over "our Harry!" caused a stir after the Southampton fuss.
The Fishy makes me giggle as read some of the moans and groans , blokes quoting stats etc ...good points too
All the best
UTM

Oh bad luck...have you written them out of your Will? I have 3 who all support Town. What did I do right?  I think it was take them to Leicester Tigers as well - who have won a few trophies, and kept them away from any Premier League nonsense. The Play-off finals wins and being part of many big away followings have helped cement things, We've even a bit of cult status amongst their mates who have been dragged along to some of those away games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
The Caterham Mariner
April 23, 2023, 3:01pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Oh bad luck...have you written them out of your Will? I have 3 who all support Town. What did I do right?  I think it was take them to Leicester Tigers as well - who have won a few trophies, and kept them away from any Premier League nonsense. The Play-off finals wins and being part of many big away followings have helped cement things, We've even a bit of cult status amongst their mates who have been dragged along to some of those away games.

School peer pressure and being brought up "Down South"  but they do like Haddock & Chips never Cod .
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
grimps
April 23, 2023, 3:35pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,144
Gold Stars: 46
ABOUT BLOODY TIME !!
My home town team ,
All the best
UTM

I was on a Yacht with one of the Palace American owners a few weeks ago in Dubai and was speaking to him about football for a while .
He seemed like he’d been into various  sports in his life and had played football at college.

I still can’t work out what’s in it for these international owners though , other than the prestige of owning a Premier league club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
RonMariner
April 23, 2023, 4:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from grimps

I still can’t work out what’s in it for these international owners though other try an the prestige of owning a Premier league club

Money.

Buy the club on a leveraged buy out so that the club takes the debt, siphon off salaries and dividends for a few years, sell out to new owners making a few billion profit. Will be interesting to see how much profit the Glazers make from selling Man U.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
chrissy
April 24, 2023, 9:13am

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Hate Arsenal and over paid prem. Players love GRIMSBY .

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.