Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, April 22, 2023, 1:56pm
I thought seems as we have massive obsessive threads with Scunthorpe and Wrexham we should have a Grimsby one
UTM
Posted by: supertown, April 22, 2023, 2:59pm; Reply: 1
Buffoon
Posted by: moosey_club, April 22, 2023, 7:22pm; Reply: 2
I thought seems as we have massive obsessive threads with Scunthorpe and Wrexham we should have a Grimsby one
UTM

Great idea.

I am glad we aren't Scunthorpe or Wrexham. 🤭
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 22, 2023, 7:28pm; Reply: 3
My club my love my frustration hate the premiership hate the Torys hope this helps
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, April 23, 2023, 8:16am; Reply: 4
ABOUT BLOODY TIME !!
My home town team ,
Up the road I have Crystal Palace
My sons both support Chelsea who frankly get on my mammaries with an American owner who has no idea of English Football !! Who has sacked so managers  I have lost count looking for a magic  wand to fix it all, Thats why i don't follow or get involved in American Football.
But Grimsby Town a gritty Northern team these last 20- 30 years raise an eyebrow when someone asks what team you support?
Great to see back in league 2 again for how long I know not,nor care..cross my fingers and toes one day go to league 1 .
Shocked the blokes at work with our FA Cup run.
The Media attention  over "our Harry!" caused a stir after the Southampton fuss.
No you dont see me at BP only away games.
I get told to get on with it on a Saturday
afternoon listening to Mariners TV - radio commentary in the dining room.
The Fishy makes me giggle as read some of the moans and groans , blokes quoting stats etc ...good points too
All the best
UTM
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, April 23, 2023, 2:10pm; Reply: 5
ABOUT BLOODY TIME !!
My home town team ,
My sons both support Chelsea who frankly get on my mammaries with an American owner who has no idea of English Football !! Who has sacked so managers  I have lost count looking for a magic  wand to fix it all, Thats why i don't follow or get involved in American Football.
But Grimsby Town a gritty Northern team these last 20- 30 years raise an eyebrow when someone asks what team you support?
Great to see back in league 2 again for how long I know not,nor care..cross my fingers and toes one day go to league 1 .
The Media attention  over "our Harry!" caused a stir after the Southampton fuss.
The Fishy makes me giggle as read some of the moans and groans , blokes quoting stats etc ...good points too
All the best
UTM

Oh bad luck...have you written them out of your Will? I have 3 who all support Town. What did I do right?  I think it was take them to Leicester Tigers as well - who have won a few trophies, and kept them away from any Premier League nonsense. The Play-off finals wins and being part of many big away followings have helped cement things, We've even a bit of cult status amongst their mates who have been dragged along to some of those away games.
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, April 23, 2023, 3:01pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Oh bad luck...have you written them out of your Will? I have 3 who all support Town. What did I do right?  I think it was take them to Leicester Tigers as well - who have won a few trophies, and kept them away from any Premier League nonsense. The Play-off finals wins and being part of many big away followings have helped cement things, We've even a bit of cult status amongst their mates who have been dragged along to some of those away games.

School peer pressure and being brought up "Down South"  but they do like Haddock & Chips never Cod .
UTM

Posted by: grimps, April 23, 2023, 3:35pm; Reply: 7
ABOUT BLOODY TIME !!
My home town team ,
All the best
UTM

I was on a Yacht with one of the Palace American owners a few weeks ago in Dubai and was speaking to him about football for a while .
He seemed like he’d been into various  sports in his life and had played football at college.

I still can’t work out what’s in it for these international owners though , other than the prestige of owning a Premier league club
Posted by: RonMariner, April 23, 2023, 4:13pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimps

I still can’t work out what’s in it for these international owners though other try an the prestige of owning a Premier league club

Money.

Buy the club on a leveraged buy out so that the club takes the debt, siphon off salaries and dividends for a few years, sell out to new owners making a few billion profit. Will be interesting to see how much profit the Glazers make from selling Man U.
Posted by: chrissy, April 24, 2023, 9:13am; Reply: 9
Hate Arsenal and over paid prem. Players love GRIMSBY .
Posted by: exiledmeggie, April 24, 2023, 9:29am; Reply: 10
We need one on Cleethorpes Town!
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 10:22pm