HertsGTFC
April 14, 2023, 8:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from denni266
I dont know about you lot but i think Hurst is being a bit ott telling the telegraph and Shaun that he wont get the 3 games he needs to get to 300 . He said this season but we all probably can guess what he means . He said he wants him here at the club somehow going forward  and that is good for all , But he could at least give him the 3 games he needs if only  as a late sub  or a first half .. There is nothing to play for now apart from higher possition in the league That means nothing realy . He has done everything he can at the club and must be worth that little gift of reaching 300.

Shaun’s a great guy and can play a bit to be fair, but when did 300 games make you a legend?

The blokes already held in such high regard by everyone, 3 more games won’t change that.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
rancido
April 14, 2023, 8:42pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 100
Sean Pearson has been an absolute professional with both his stints at GTFC. He gave his all every time he played and it was absolutely criminal that Slade let him go. In all my time watching GTFC since the late 60's there has been only a handful of players that have been totally dedicated to the club and Sean is one of them. I hope he gets some kind of role with the club because he is one of the few players that I have seen play for town who understands ' loyalty ' regardless of what else has been going on.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
forza ivano
April 14, 2023, 8:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
how long did you have to search around to come up with yet another of your  negative towards team/club/1878/hurst posts Denni?

You're priceless, in all the wrong ways

Anyway Im told Pearson has basically hung his boots up, is currently coaching one of the age groups, despite not having any coaching badges,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
HertsGTFC
April 14, 2023, 8:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Maybe Shaun should go into being a ref, one of the things I love about him is that he’s tried to ref every game he’s played in, both on the pitch as well as the bench.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
denni266
April 14, 2023, 10:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Ok point taken ,, seems all the praise and good things said about him on here was a load of crap from most.  Just thought it would have been nice for him and the fans to say thanks .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
The Yard Dog
April 14, 2023, 11:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Currently the clubs leading goal scorer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
arryarryarry
April 15, 2023, 4:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from BulkyMariner
Will always amaze me how the ones on here that rage, and fume the most after a loss, want the most ridiculous team weakening line-up changes.

To get to the level that most on here want to be, there is no room at all for sentiment. There is an opportunity to finish this season in the highest position for over 15 years.

A decent final league position could be the difference in the club being able to attract higher calibre players in the summer, those that are aiming for a promotion/play-off challenge. There are still 18 points to play for, and the aim now must be to finish in the top half.

No more ridiculous than the team he put out against Hartlepool and many on here had plenty to say about that.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
aldi_01
April 15, 2023, 6:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Pearson will be remembered fondly and the guy seems a model pro, something we hadn’t seen for a long time when he came in first time. He’s remembered fondly at Wrexham too but to be honest, I don’t think he’s ever been good enough to really sustain a career in the league.

When we came up last time, I’m well aware he played a fair few times but he wasn’t convincing, for all his endeavour and all those rumours of league clubs being interested, that’s all they ever were…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
wuffing
April 15, 2023, 7:29am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 40
I think the way to do it is the last game of the season. Shaun on the bench and he comes on for the last five minutes to a rapturous ovation?

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
toontown
April 15, 2023, 9:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from aldi_01
Pearson will be remembered fondly and the guy seems a model pro, something we hadn’t seen for a long time when he came in first time. He’s remembered fondly at Wrexham too but to be honest, I don’t think he’s ever been good enough to really sustain a career in the league.

When we came up last time, I’m well aware he played a fair few times but he wasn’t convincing, for all his endeavour and all those rumours of league clubs being interested, that’s all they ever were…

I believe you are mistaken there, both in the idea he struggled in the league (he was far, far better than Nathan Clarke who was brought from the league above by slade to replace him) and that other league clubs were not interested in him at times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.