Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 95 Guests

Shaun pearson

This thread currently has 4,702 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
April 14, 2023, 7:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from denni266
I dont know about you lot but i think Hurst is being a bit ott telling the telegraph and Shaun that he wont get the 3 games he needs to get to 300 . He said this season but we all probably can guess what he means . He said he wants him here at the club somehow going forward  and that is good for all , But he could at least give him the 3 games he needs if only  as a late sub  or a first half .. There is nothing to play for now apart from higher possition in the league That means nothing realy . He has done everything he can at the club and must be worth that little gift of reaching 300.

Of all the ridiculous things that people have had a go at Paul Hurst about, this wins first prize.

Words fail me...
Reply: 10 - 36
MarinerRob
April 14, 2023, 7:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from thefish

Why?

If I were Shaun, I’d be happier leaving it at 297 than being thrown on for three, two-minute cameos: it would all seem a bit false..

That how Beckham got so many caps. Totally degraded how good he was. It also was quite embarrassing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
arryarryarry
April 14, 2023, 7:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Rick12
Harsh but true . Club has to come first. You see it in other clubs as well if the players aren't good enough for whatever reason or can't maintain the levels there out the door. Works both ways as well. If a player is absolute quality and comes through the youth ranks won't be staying at Grimsby long term but will move on to pastures new where the money and the millions are thereby looking after his family's future .

Considering some of the goals we have conceded with crap defending and players switching off I don't think he could do any worse.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
ginnywings
April 14, 2023, 7:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Can't see what difference it makes between 297 or 300. It's just an arbitrary number and doesn't really mean much, plus PH wants to put out his best side and finish as high as possible.

Nothing to stop him being registered as a player still next season and getting some action in the Papa Johns pointless trophy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 14, 2023, 7:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Shaun Pearson should be remembered for being a big lump of selfless, Massey-Ferguson. His massive rutted rubbers bouncing through the turf, whilst spraying manure out of his back shute at opposition strikers.

Whether he ends his career having played 297, 300 or 301 matches for Town should not matter.

If a Gen-λ cyborg orders a S M Pearson history nanobolt to be downloaded into their synthetic brains in 100 years’ time, if they are focussing on the difference between him playing 297 or 300 games, then they need to take a good look at their invisibility cloak.

All they have to do is watch that lollipop and stepover combo at home to Halifax last season. Popping up on the left wing, popping up on the right wing and popping up with the obvious groinal excitement of a late JMD equaliser. Lovely.

They’ll probably have scratch and sniff by then too, so you’ll be able to understand how Pearson smelt. Sweat, blood and damp jockstrap.

We’ve had far more talented players over the past 20 years but there are few more capable of making you proud to be a Mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
Rick12
April 14, 2023, 7:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from arryarryarry

Considering some of the goals we have conceded with crap defending and players switching off I don't think he could do any worse.
I do like Pearson though . Reminds me a bit of the mentality that Terry Butcher had " warrior spirit". Especially remember seeing clips of him in a blood stained England  football top against Sweden in 1989.  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
jamesgtfc
April 14, 2023, 8:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
The bit about his loan spell at Boston was interesting, Boston were in chaos at that point and it sounds like Pearson got frustrated with the desire and preparation of those around him. I did see him at Boston and he didn't stand out.

Hurst is the manager and there was a meltdown on here Good Friday when he rotated the team and we lost 4-1 to Hartlepool, yet people want him to accommodate Pearson in half of our remaining games. If Hurst doesn't think he is good enough to be involved, I would prefer to remember Pearson as someone who never let us down than an absolute liability for his 298th, 299th and 300th game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
BulkyMariner
April 14, 2023, 8:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +220
Gold Stars: 7
Will always amaze me how the ones on here that rage, and fume the most after a loss, want the most ridiculous team weakening line-up changes.

To get to the level that most on here want to be, there is no room at all for sentiment. There is an opportunity to finish this season in the highest position for over 15 years.

A decent final league position could be the difference in the club being able to attract higher calibre players in the summer, those that are aiming for a promotion/play-off challenge. There are still 18 points to play for, and the aim now must be to finish in the top half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
Mappers
April 14, 2023, 8:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,434
Gold Stars: 119
He will be with us a lot longer than 300 games .

I don't normally make bold predictions

But I would not be suprised to see Shaun as our manager one day .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
April 14, 2023, 8:33pm
Guest User
Pretty sure Pearson would rather jump out of a plane with no parachute than make cameo appearances. Also agree with the fact he’s going to be here far longer than a bookended playing career.
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.