Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Doncaster
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 130 Guests

Match Thread Doncaster

This thread currently has 18,860 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
TheFryingSquad
April 10, 2023, 7:07pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Maringer
McAtee is at a real crossroads in his career right now. We've all seen his ability but that's 8 goals in 3 seasons in League football and he's not showing nearly enough to indicate he's going to be even a good lower division footballer at present.

He should be one of the better players in the division. He's not even the best player in a mid-table team at present.

The question is, what does he need to do to make the improvement? I suspect another loan period for him next season as Luton won't need him as things stand, so it will be interesting to see where he ends up. I have to say, I'd be surprised if he came back here again.

A move elsewhere may be the making of him.

Excellent post.  I’d love to see him succeed at Luton but frankly, I’d be amazed if he gets anywhere near the first team.  He has the makings of a decent league 2 striker but lack of pace and his tendency to be greedy will always hold him back.  Luton did us a favour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 201
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 10, 2023, 7:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,012
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Maringer
McAtee is at a real crossroads in his career right now. We've all seen his ability but that's 8 goals in 3 seasons in League football and he's not showing nearly enough to indicate he's going to be even a good lower division footballer at present.

He should be one of the better players in the division. He's not even the best player in a mid-table team at present.

The question is, what does he need to do to make the improvement? I suspect another loan period for him next season as Luton won't need him as things stand, so it will be interesting to see where he ends up. I have to say, I'd be surprised if he came back here again.

A move elsewhere may be the making of him.

Without being pedantic, he’s not at a crossroads. It’s actually a T junction.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 201
HerveJosse
April 10, 2023, 7:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from ginnywings
Pfft! Hurst always bringing subs on too late.  

Twenty five minutes late Both Taylor and Mactee needed  hauling off on the hour. Fortunately 9 minutes added time meant he get away with it but I am giving him no credit for that . Obvious to all present what was needed long before he did it .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 201
kafunanapar140909
April 10, 2023, 7:18pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from HerveJosse

Twenty five minutes late Both Taylor and Mactee needed  hauling off on the hour. Fortunately 9 minutes added time meant he get away with it but I am giving him no credit for that . Obvious to all present what was needed long before he did it .

Are you giving him any credit for bringing Khan on and changing shape at half time? We were certainly more dominant in the second half.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 201
HerveJosse
April 10, 2023, 7:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from kafunanapar140909

Are you giving him any credit for bringing Khan on and changing shape at half time? We were certainly more dominant in the second half.

Yes certainly didn’t need three centre backs the way Donny were set up and with Waterfall booked and a trigger happy ref it wasn’t to difficult a decision
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 201
kafunanapar140909
April 10, 2023, 7:28pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from HerveJosse

Yes certainly didn’t need three centre backs the way Donny were set up and with Waterfall booked and a trigger happy ref it wasn’t to difficult a decision

So you concede that Hurst has the ability to make a positive tactical impact during a game? Good to know you're willing to give credit where credit's due.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 201
HerveJosse
April 10, 2023, 7:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from kafunanapar140909

So you concede that Hurst has the ability to make a positive tactical impact during a game? Good to know you're willing to give credit where credit's due.

I believe I said yes already
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 201
TheFryingSquad
April 10, 2023, 7:48pm
Shandy Drinker
Whichever way you look at it, it was two really poor sides.  One win changes nothing, we need a manager capable of assembling a squad that both entertains and can slug it out at the top of the table.  Hurst isn’t that person I’m afraid, 40 games in and he still doesn’t know his best 11.  Every squad should have squad players pushing for the first team, we have squad players that’ll only get a kick if one of Hursts favourites is playing so bad that even he can’t pick them.

I’m sure my dose of reality will draw the usual swathe of red crosses, I don’t actually care, I’ve never been one for soldiering on regardless without a clear plan.  If you are then that’s your prerogative, you’ll probably get your way and Hurst will still be here in 12 months, let’s re-visit this post then.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 201
TheFryingSquad
April 10, 2023, 8:08pm
Shandy Drinker
Come now chaps, 14 minutes on and 6 crosses yet not one counter argument?  Surely you can do better.  Yes I appreciate I’m not Poojah who a lot of you seem to get an involuntary erection at every word, or a contradictory Ginnywings who doesn’t appear to be able to work out which way a lift is going even given two guesses.  But please offer a counter argument, I really am intrigued.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 201
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 10, 2023, 8:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from TheFryingSquad
Every squad should have squad players pushing for the first team, we have squad players that’ll only get a kick if one of Hursts favourites is playing so bad that even he can’t pick them.

Who are Hurst’s favourites?

Only Smith, Green and Maher have started the last three matches.

Since losing to Brighton, Hurst has generally given most of the squad a chance; partially due to fatigue.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 201
21 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Doncaster

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.