Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Doncaster
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 93 Guests

Match Thread Doncaster

This thread currently has 18,853 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
April 10, 2023, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Maringer
McAtee is at a real crossroads in his career right now. We've all seen his ability but that's 8 goals in 3 seasons in League football and he's not showing nearly enough to indicate he's going to be even a good lower division footballer at present.

He should be one of the better players in the division. He's not even the best player in a mid-table team at present.

The question is, what does he need to do to make the improvement? I suspect another loan period for him next season as Luton won't need him as things stand, so it will be interesting to see where he ends up. I have to say, I'd be surprised if he came back here again.

A move elsewhere may be the making of him.

I can never thank John enough for what he did last season, particularly given that he played through that shoulder injury, but he needs to fulfil his potential. I don’t think that will be at GTFC or, more sadly, at the level his ability warrants.
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 201
moosey_club
April 10, 2023, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Well....that was fking terrible for 80 odd mins.
Odd selection again in shape/ personnel. Half time shape change helped us to move forward but zero quality all over and lack of link ups.

Orsi and Lloyd gave us movement, running in behind and link ups and impetus.

Largely undeserved 3 points but that's football.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 201
Spurn boy
April 10, 2023, 6:04pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I can never thank John enough for what he did last season, particularly given that he played through that shoulder injury, but he needs to fulfil his potential. I don’t think that will be at GTFC or, more sadly, at the level his ability warrants.

He needs the ball played to his feet which didn’t happen today, he is still enthusiastic but he has been nothing like he was last season.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 201
horsforthmariner
April 10, 2023, 6:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,638
Gold Stars: 9
Two poor sides. Got lucky but big rebuild in the summer needed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 201
Maringer
April 10, 2023, 6:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,678
Gold Stars: 189
Did we get lucky? The match stats indicate we dominated most areas - shots, shots on target, more possession, more corners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 201
grimsby pete
April 10, 2023, 6:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
If Luton did not sign McAfee when they did they would not have signed him on this season's form.

Maybe we could buy him back at a cut price but would we want him.?

Possibly he might regain last season's form if his head is concentrated soley on GTFC.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 201
HertsGTFC
April 10, 2023, 6:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,009
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from grimsby pete
If Luton did not sign McAfee when they did they would not have signed him on this season's form.

Maybe we could buy him back at a cut price but would we want him.?

Possibly he might regain last season's form if his head is concentrated soley on GTFC.

He’s got a lot of work to do to impress Rob Edwards who wasn’t the manager when he signed.

I’d expect to see him loaned out to a L1 club next season especially if they go up.

He’s clearly a good lad, I wish him well and I’d expect him to prosper if he ends up in an environment where he’s not one of the best players yet.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 201
forza ivano
April 10, 2023, 6:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from mimma
We are now level on points with Swindon, who everyone said were lightyears ahead of us!

Yeah, but they have an inherent disadvantage by giving Jody Morris the manager's job  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 201
headingly_mariner
April 10, 2023, 6:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I know the game is poor mate but if all your concerned about is slagging your own support off for their song selection after they’ve paid and travelled to an away game regardless of the distance you’ve probably given those who take the p1ss out of this forum plenty to go at.

What would you prefer a couple of choruses of the song referencing Peter Sutcliff or maybe a round of In the Yorkshire Slums.

Is it too much to ask that we aspire towards a bit of originality?
Hartlepool came Friday, singing that silly Liverpool song with the daft hand clap, by Monday we are doing the same. Tinpot

I quite enjoyed the game and the 2nd half performance.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 201
Limerick Mariner
April 10, 2023, 6:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Is it too much to ask that we aspire towards a bit of originality?
Hartlepool came Friday, singing that silly Liverpool song with the daft hand clap, by Monday we are doing the same. Tinpot

I quite enjoyed the game and the 2nd half performance.

We were singing that weeks ago.

The team that finished the game should start on Saturday.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 201
21 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Doncaster

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.