2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
PaceyMariner
April 6, 2023, 9:36pm
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 4
I know we haven’t got a great deal to play for, but really looking forward to tomorrow. Bank Holiday sell out, good away following, beers flowing etc, only fear is that the game means more to Hartlepool than us.

Hope we turn up on and off the pitch and match them for atmosphere and hopefully the players match them for desire. A decent away following adds to the atmosphere, but hate it when we lose and the away fans are noisy.

I want us to end the season on a high, come on Town!

UTM!

Pacey <*))))><
Logged Online
Private Message
ginnywings
April 6, 2023, 10:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
They are rejuvenated under Askey and he hasn't tasted defeat since he came in.

Think it will be a tight game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
Norseman
April 6, 2023, 11:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Probably our usual home defeat then draw or win at Donny on monday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Poojah
April 7, 2023, 9:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,762
Gold Stars: 1,509
Win-win today, I feel.

Win and its happy days, a shot at a top-half finish and maybe even an outside chance of snaffling Josh Umerah in the summer.

Lose and we play our part in helping to relegate Crawley, and what’s not to like about that?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
aldi_01
April 7, 2023, 10:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah
Win-win today, I feel.

Win and its happy days, a shot at a top-half finish and maybe even an outside chance of snaffling Josh Umerah in the summer.

Lose and we play our part in helping to relegate Crawley, and what’s not to like about that?

This is my thinking…the less pointless teams in the league the better. Would rather an away day to Hartlepool than crawley…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
Heisenberg
April 7, 2023, 10:30am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Poojah
Win-win today, I feel.

I’m a little more cautious than that. The way I see it is, it was 2011 when a cocky Lincoln City thought they were home and hosed with 8 games remaining - they went on to lose all 8 and went down. I also remember one of Buckley’s latter teams losing their last 8 as well.

A draw at least would do me, although of course we could do with a win at home for once.

Let’s not forget, Crawley, Rochdale and especially Hartlepool are either in decent or good form - there’s fight left in them all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
It Bites
April 7, 2023, 10:45am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,206
Gold Stars: 266
My worry is we're heading for one of our lowest league 2 points totals , even lower than the Jolley season . Let's not sleep walk all the way to 3 rd bottom with one game to play please . I expect a full on fight today . 100% all over the pitch anything less and I'll be a worried man ( as usual ) lol
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
AdamHaddock
April 7, 2023, 11:06am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
They should be playing for contracts today and if Scannell gets minutes he needs to be proving his fitness to prospective clubs

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
April 7, 2023, 11:31am
Guest User
Quoted from PaceyMariner
I know we haven’t got a great deal to play for, but really looking forward to tomorrow. Bank Holiday sell out, good away following, beers flowing etc, only fear is that the game means more to Hartlepool than us.

UTM!

Hope you're not driving!  

Reply: 8 - 12
immariner
April 7, 2023, 12:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
I want to see Hartlepool stay up and I also want us to finish the season strongly, especially at home. I certainly won't be joining in with any going down chants if we're winning. They've already been there, done that like ourselves. Wouldn't wish it on anyone bar Crawley
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
It Bites
April 7, 2023, 12:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,206
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from immariner
I want to see Hartlepool stay up and I also want us to finish the season strongly, especially at home. I certainly won't be joining in with any going down chants if we're winning. They've already been there, done that like ourselves. Wouldn't wish it on anyone bar Crawley

Absolutely this . Anyone attempting to gloat today is a Simpleton and not a true mariner imo
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
toontown
April 7, 2023, 1:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
I want us to win today.
I want Crawley to go down, at least pools are a decent away day and a proper league club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
PaceyMariner
April 7, 2023, 1:55pm
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 4
I want Hartlepool to stay up over Crawley too, but absolutely not at the expense of Town losing.

Pacey <*))))><
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.