Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: PaceyMariner, April 6, 2023, 9:36pm
I know we haven’t got a great deal to play for, but really looking forward to tomorrow. Bank Holiday sell out, good away following, beers flowing etc, only fear is that the game means more to Hartlepool than us.

Hope we turn up on and off the pitch and match them for atmosphere and hopefully the players match them for desire. A decent away following adds to the atmosphere, but hate it when we lose and the away fans are noisy.

I want us to end the season on a high, come on Town!

UTM!
Posted by: ginnywings, April 6, 2023, 10:35pm; Reply: 1
They are rejuvenated under Askey and he hasn't tasted defeat since he came in.

Think it will be a tight game.
Posted by: Norseman, April 6, 2023, 11:54pm; Reply: 2
Probably our usual home defeat then draw or win at Donny on monday
Posted by: Poojah, April 7, 2023, 9:52am; Reply: 3
Win-win today, I feel.

Win and its happy days, a shot at a top-half finish and maybe even an outside chance of snaffling Josh Umerah in the summer.

Lose and we play our part in helping to relegate Crawley, and what’s not to like about that?
Posted by: aldi_01, April 7, 2023, 10:23am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Poojah
Win-win today, I feel.

Win and its happy days, a shot at a top-half finish and maybe even an outside chance of snaffling Josh Umerah in the summer.

Lose and we play our part in helping to relegate Crawley, and what’s not to like about that?

This is my thinking…the less pointless teams in the league the better. Would rather an away day to Hartlepool than crawley…
Posted by: Heisenberg, April 7, 2023, 10:30am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Poojah
Win-win today, I feel.

I’m a little more cautious than that. The way I see it is, it was 2011 when a cocky Lincoln City thought they were home and hosed with 8 games remaining - they went on to lose all 8 and went down. I also remember one of Buckley’s latter teams losing their last 8 as well.

A draw at least would do me, although of course we could do with a win at home for once.

Let’s not forget, Crawley, Rochdale and especially Hartlepool are either in decent or good form - there’s fight left in them all.
Posted by: It Bites, April 7, 2023, 10:45am; Reply: 6
My worry is we're heading for one of our lowest league 2 points totals , even lower than the Jolley season . Let's not sleep walk all the way to 3 rd bottom with one game to play please . I expect a full on fight today . 100% all over the pitch anything less and I'll be a worried man ( as usual ) lol
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 7, 2023, 11:06am; Reply: 7
They should be playing for contracts today and if Scannell gets minutes he needs to be proving his fitness to prospective clubs
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), April 7, 2023, 11:31am; Reply: 8
Quoted from PaceyMariner
I know we haven’t got a great deal to play for, but really looking forward to tomorrow. Bank Holiday sell out, good away following, beers flowing etc, only fear is that the game means more to Hartlepool than us.

UTM!

Hope you're not driving!  ;)

Posted by: immariner, April 7, 2023, 12:11pm; Reply: 9
I want to see Hartlepool stay up and I also want us to finish the season strongly, especially at home. I certainly won't be joining in with any going down chants if we're winning. They've already been there, done that like ourselves. Wouldn't wish it on anyone bar Crawley
Posted by: It Bites, April 7, 2023, 12:15pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from immariner
I want to see Hartlepool stay up and I also want us to finish the season strongly, especially at home. I certainly won't be joining in with any going down chants if we're winning. They've already been there, done that like ourselves. Wouldn't wish it on anyone bar Crawley

Absolutely this . Anyone attempting to gloat today is a Simpleton and not a true mariner imo
Posted by: toontown, April 7, 2023, 1:50pm; Reply: 11
I want us to win today.
I want Crawley to go down, at least pools are a decent away day and a proper league club.
Posted by: PaceyMariner, April 7, 2023, 1:55pm; Reply: 12
I want Hartlepool to stay up over Crawley too, but absolutely not at the expense of Town losing.
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 2:43pm