Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 87 Guests

Hartkepool tickets

This thread currently has 5,391 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
April 4, 2023, 9:28am
Guest User
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Why does everything and everyone have to be put at one extreme or the other? Can’t people on here like 1878 but strongly disagree with their stance on a new stadium? Why does criticising something(s) that 1878 say/do have to make you a JSF fan?

Have you got £40M to give them?

Reply: 20 - 54
aldi_01
April 4, 2023, 9:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Im ambivalent to a new stadium on a personal level. I understand it’s probably needed loving forward but with a plethora of teams around losing money, the building industry seeing sky high prices and the likes, clubs going under…I’m happy for us to sit tight. Of course we wanna increase income stream but it wouldn’t be enough to cover the burden, not yet anyway.

I’ve a season ticket so the seat issue doesn’t affect me. There are reasons why people buy one and reason why they don’t. That’s a personal thing and I get that, but I do wonder if this issue of not being able to get a seat is a minute issue in the grand schemes of GTFC.

If anyone thinks that the owners haven’t thought about it then you’d have to be on glue, the clearly have but they’re also not flipping morons like the last girl private, and clearly don’t see wasting valuable club money chasing an unrealistic dream at this stage, especially when there are more pressing area in need of investment…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
diehardmariner
April 4, 2023, 9:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 540
Quoted from aldi_01

Aye, gone nowhere…

Unless we have a barnstormer of a season next year I can’t see it being an issue. I Don’t know if anyone who’s not been able to get a ticket for a game this year, home or away, they’ve always managed.

Remember when everyone excrement a brick in the summer about away tickets, and yet we’ve barely had an issue other than the actual system being shite.

There have been countless examples on here where people have said they've not bothered because the couldn't get seats together with family/friends.

The problem, to me anyway, is that there's multiple interpretations of 'Sold Out'.  For some (and I suspect the club are in this bracket) it's looking round on matchday and seeing if there are any empty seats in the ground.  For others it's when there are physically no more tickets available for sale.  Then there's that version where it's case, as above, when there are some tickets available but they don't satisfy the need of the customer (single tickets dotted about and/or shocking views at the back of the Main Stand).

Until late I was of the opinion that the poor form this season would more or less negate any worry for next season.  However, the cup run has massively masked the league form (and performances).  It might not reach the sales levels of last summer but I think we'll still have a good summer of sales, which will be fuelled by optimism and probably still a legacy of fear regarding missing out on tickets for away/cup games.  For some it'll be a newly formed habit too.

I actually think we'll have a good season next year and that alone will drive demand up.  Whilst I disagree with the clubs approached and I feel it's incredibly blinkered, I can see their thinking in it to an extent.  They're absolutely damned if they do and damned if they don't.  It's sods law that they somehow increase capacity and we're then playing in front of 3,000 against Crawley on a wet Tuesday night in November.  Equally so they don't do anything and we'll never know what could be achieved.

I'm not even sure what the question is anymore so I'll be buggered if I know the solution.  But I do think a viable and attractive release scheme has to be a priority for next season, especially if ST sales get anywhere near the levels of last summer.  Even 4,000 levels and you're leaving yourself quite limited with the number of match-to-match tickets you can sell, especially if we're playing well.

To the Hartlepool game though, what a bloody achievement to be looking at such few tickets left to sell in a cost of living crisis (when lots of people are now really feeling it), for a game when we've literally nothing to play for and after a campaign that has seen us dull to watch in the league.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
ska face
April 4, 2023, 10:09am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,777
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from diehardmariner

To the Hartlepool game though, what a bloody achievement to be looking at such few tickets left to sell in a cost of living crisis (when lots of people are now really feeling it), for a game when we've literally nothing to play for and after a campaign that has seen us dull to watch in the league.

It should really be a big selling point for players at this level, and especially something to consider for our current squad members who might be out of contract in the summer. Last week they played in front of nearly 20k at Bradford (2.2k away), it’ll be nearly 8k on Friday, another 3k behind the goal on Monday, another 8k the following Saturday as Mansfield have sold their 1200, and you might even squeeze another 800-1000 in at Stevenage before the end of the month.

You don’t have to go too far down the pyramid to be playing in front of 1-2k every week, and a minibus load in the away end and less than 1000 a few times a season.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
diehardmariner
April 4, 2023, 10:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 540
Absolutely!  Someone, I've forgotten who but I want to say it was Hurst, said at the Fans Forum that the club are putting together packages to sell the club to potential players.  

I'm very sceptical that the traditional recruitment pitches of lower cost of living, countryside and seaside etc. will work on footballers that travel into an area and aren't likely to be here for the long term anyway.  But whilst it will always be a job to someone and a lad from Staffordshire or Teeside won't have an affinity to the club that we have, they surely can't fail to be impressed by the prospect of playing in front of full houses that, largely, are incredibly supportive.  Yeah there's the usual grumblers both at the games and on social media, but show me a club that doesn't have them.  More often than not they get drowned out.  You show a video to a potential signing of 4,000 fans singing and dancing after a 5-0 hammering plus facing a 4-5 hour journey home and they'll wonder what the hell is going on.  Then show them a video of a pretty full away end at Mansfield a matter of days later with an even better atmosphere...

I'll always remember when Liam Hearn signed and he said something along the lines of he couldn't believe how good the stadium was.  To us that was hilarious, but for a lad who was playing front of two men and a dog huddled together in a cowshed, it probably is something.  We've got significant battles in getting people here, but we've also got some potential aces up up our sleeve if we want to use them.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
HerveJosse
April 4, 2023, 10:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from moosey_club

Well let's see what happens next season....we have just had  one very successful promotion season followed up by a largely average, sometimes dire league season but boosted with a cup run.

From the owners perspective ....How many games have completely sold out in that time ?  Genuine question.
We have been back to 5k home gates as well on a few occasions so again why from an owners perspective would we build a bigger stadium or invest in additional now ?

Season ticket sales will probably hold up pretty well if they get them on sale early enough but a non spectacular start to the season or even an uninspiring close season will see demand drop on the day.

The STH release scheme clearly isn't working so needs a rethink maybe a  better incentive which would again release maybe another 500 prime seats a game.

Sell restricted seats little cheaper once all prime seats have been taken up.

Still early days.

I will stick my neck out and give you my reasonably confident prediction of what will happen next season . We will sell 6000 plus season tickets driven in part by peoples fear of not being able to buy an acceptable seat or group of seats on a game by game basis. As a result we will have a high non attendance rate from season ticket holders of 10-15%. There will be even less opportunity for new supporters new families etc to come along on a game to game basis. In other words the current cycle will repeat . The one caveat would be a substantial price increase on season tickets would temper that and I wouldn’t rule that out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 54
Rodley Mariner
April 4, 2023, 10:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
If there was an extra thousand seats in the ground would season ticket numbers drop with out the concern of not being able to get a good seat?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 54
IlkleyMariner
April 4, 2023, 11:19am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Croxton
I think a lot of us oldies did not know how to make our STH seats available through the website and find the phoning in office hours a faff.  I found out by accident when I went to check my account. Perhaps a simple reminder from the club via OS, Twitter and FB would release a few more?

Fans in my area of The Upper have swapped phone numbers etc. but too often seats go empty.

Don’t know how to find an occasional empty seat in upper. Maybe I’ve missed something on that but would welcome more prominent advice on this for next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
Mappers
April 4, 2023, 12:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,467
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from HerveJosse

I will stick my neck out and give you my reasonably confident prediction of what will happen next season . We will sell 6000 plus season tickets driven in part by peoples fear of not being able to buy an acceptable seat or group of seats on a game by game basis. As a result we will have a high non attendance rate from season ticket holders of 10-15%. There will be even less opportunity for new supporters new families etc to come along on a game to game basis. In other words the current cycle will repeat . The one caveat would be a substantial price increase on season tickets would temper that and I wouldn’t rule that out.

I agree on the tickets fully expect us to get over 6k ,mnow a few who dont normally get one who are literally just going to  because its been such a pain to get tickets together ,and after having to sit at thr back of the main have said they will get one so they just dont have to go there again

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
Mappers
April 4, 2023, 12:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,467
Gold Stars: 119
I was just thinking about this
I dont know if it would be a viable idea (i understand regular seat holders dont want to move and thats understandable )

But i go to proberly 12 games a season (i have been releasing the seat ) and have a pretty prime view in the lower , i enjoy the banter down there its class ,even if the lad turning up in the Man u shirt still annoys me slightly .

I wouldnt be against moving to one of those more basic views in the main if it meant it freed up more space for people to sit together with a better view or for someone who would get to every game .

Maybe the club could gently nudge the irregulars with season tickets (there must be 500-1000) and people with single seats to have a particular block so it frees up more space for regulars /people who want to all sit together to be able to with a better view ?

Maybe its a bad idea ,just a thought though .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hartkepool tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.