Reply: 10 - 54
chaos33
April 4, 2023, 7:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
Not sure he was doing that Golly…..think he was just over exaggerating the original post for comic effect. Not sure if the original post was a complaint or an observation, but it did read a bit stroppy, so think Ginny was just parodying that. Ironically, your complaint about complaining is a neat icing on the cake.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
lukeo
April 4, 2023, 7:24am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I hope you've released your tickets Leon 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
HerveJosse
April 4, 2023, 8:12am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from ginnywings
Yeah, boo!

Fooking new owners and their promotions, cup quarter finals, record season ticket sales and massively increased crowds.

Who do they think they are? Let's ask JF to come back.

I think you just listed the reasons why we do need more capacity but seem incensed whenever it is suggested. Odd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
ska face
April 4, 2023, 8:22am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,777
Gold Stars: 851
You should have this discussion more often, it is really interesting. Maybe twice a week rather than just once in future? Keep up the good work!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
HerveJosse
April 4, 2023, 8:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from ska face
You should have this discussion more often, it is really interesting. Maybe twice a week rather than just once in future? Keep up the good work!

Good ideal. Club is going to get nowhere until it is addressed .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
moosey_club
April 4, 2023, 9:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HerveJosse

Well let's see what happens next season....we have just had  one very successful promotion season followed up by a largely average, sometimes dire league season but boosted with a cup run.

From the owners perspective ....How many games have completely sold out in that time ?  Genuine question.
We have been back to 5k home gates as well on a few occasions so again why from an owners perspective would we build a bigger stadium or invest in additional now ?

Season ticket sales will probably hold up pretty well if they get them on sale early enough but a non spectacular start to the season or even an uninspiring close season will see demand drop on the day.

The STH release scheme clearly isn't working so needs a rethink maybe a  better incentive which would again release maybe another 500 prime seats a game.

Sell restricted seats little cheaper once all prime seats have been taken up.

Still early days.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
aldi_01
April 4, 2023, 9:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HerveJosse

Aye, gone nowhere…

Unless we have a barnstormer of a season next year I can’t see it being an issue. I Don’t know if anyone who’s not been able to get a ticket for a game this year, home or away, they’ve always managed.

Remember when everyone excrement a brick in the summer about away tickets, and yet we’ve barely had an issue other than the actual system being shite.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
IlkleyMariner
April 4, 2023, 9:14am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Personally I’m going to the Pool game, but not expecting a good view.

I would probably have gone to more games if I could get better views and covered seating with two seats together. The question is how much would this cost the club and what other costs have a higher priority than better seating? There are quite a few obvious places where more seating could be introduced but I expect there are reasons why the Board have decided not to make that choice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
Croxton
April 4, 2023, 9:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
I think a lot of us oldies did not know how to make our STH seats available through the website and find the phoning in office hours a faff.  I found out by accident when I went to check my account. Perhaps a simple reminder from the club via OS, Twitter and FB would release a few more?

Fans in my area of The Upper have swapped phone numbers etc. but too often seats go empty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hartkepool tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.