Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 145 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 2,639 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
March 29, 2023, 2:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
We played the best I've seen us play in a long time.

Our lack of a striker again cist us, if we have a proper goal scorer we win that 5 nil.

The whole team was outstanding and nothing negative I can say. We were excellent.

Mikey O'Neil is definitely not our answer,  signing Lloyd for next season would be a step in the right direction.  Scans unfortunately has to move on

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
Mikey_345
March 29, 2023, 2:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 108
In my Opionion
Paul Hurst to me at times is reluctant to use subs but last night at Crawley come the 2nd half he did use them and not in the usual dying last 5 minutes.Thats not a dig at him but all managers quote from my "Non  Grimbarian Wife" (Football Pundit in training) "Why do they leave it all to do in the last 3 mins!"
UTM

Subs somewhat killed the game alittle. Perhaps something we should bear in mind next time we’re shouting to do a sub just for the sake of it.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 29, 2023, 9:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,772
Gold Stars: 81
Very interesting interview with the Crawley manager on You Tube in which he states that Crawley deserved nothing from the game and in his opinion it wasn’t a penalty, he explained in detail why not.

Quite refreshing to hear such honesty from an opposing manager although he doesn’t give us much credit for our performance concentrating more on their poor showing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
Jarmo.Is.God
March 30, 2023, 8:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I know this thread pretty much gone, but had a poorly child yesterday so didn't post.

Overall, with us being mid-table and nothing happening, i wasn't overly bothered or frustrated with the result.
We played fantastic, and it was enjoyable.
Clifton & Khan should of scored in the 2nd half, but at least we was creating clear cut chances.... just shows what could happen with a Dom Telford type in the middle

O'Niell isn't very good.
Orsi did great in the FA Cup run, but never gets a chance in the league which is strange, although didn't change much when he came on

Harsh comments on Scannell, who has played 13 minutes before this game since May 2022. I don't think we should keep him, but unfair to critise a guy who actually comes across as a great pro, and who i believe is a great character to have around..... we've had the opposite before..

Overall, with this young coaching team, and ambitious owners, next season has great potential
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
Son of Cod
March 30, 2023, 9:14am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

O'Niell isn't very good.

Harsh comments on Scannell, who has played 13 minutes before this game since May 2022.

Quite right in that the Scannell comments are harsh but I'd be inclined to say the same about your appraisal of an 18 year old who has also barely had any minutes. I think it's too soon for O'Neill to be involved in an end of season lower table L2 match in which one of the teams has got something riding on it. If O'Neill bags that chance he lashes over at the end and we win 2-1 there's gonna be people talking about what a bright future the lad has. I don't think he had a good game when he came on but that was comfortably the most cobbled together midfield/attack that we've fielded this season that finished the match on Tuesday. He's shown glimpses of quality at times in other matches. I'm not sure if we'll get much out of him but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go and do well elsewhere at some point in the next few years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
Jarmo.Is.God
March 30, 2023, 9:47am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Son of Cod

Quite right in that the Scannell comments are harsh but I'd be inclined to say the same about your appraisal of an 18 year old who has also barely had any minutes. I think it's too soon for O'Neill to be involved in an end of season lower table L2 match in which one of the teams has got something riding on it. If O'Neill bags that chance he lashes over at the end and we win 2-1 there's gonna be people talking about what a bright future the lad has. I don't think he had a good game when he came on but that was comfortably the most cobbled together midfield/attack that we've fielded this season that finished the match on Tuesday. He's shown glimpses of quality at times in other matches. I'm not sure if we'll get much out of him but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go and do well elsewhere at some point in the next few years.

But he didn't, thats the point?
If my nan had wheels..... you know how it goes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
Son of Cod
March 30, 2023, 9:58am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

But he didn't, thats the point?
If my nan had wheels..... you know how it goes.

My point was that had he scored that chance, people would have gone over the top about him for having scored a goal. Which is essentially the antithesis of what you've done by dismissing him after two matches and a small handful of 10 minute cameos.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
Abdul19
March 30, 2023, 10:00am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 219
Tbf the 10 minute cameo at Northampton was pretty dismissible  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
Grantley
March 30, 2023, 10:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
He also played at Carlisle and he was stinking.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
forza ivano
March 30, 2023, 7:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Abdul19
Tbf the 10 minute cameo at Northampton was pretty dismissible  

that 10 minutes will be the stuff of legends. 10 minutes where he never once made a true contact with the ball - toblerone headers, wild shanks, air shots, unintended shanks it had the lot.
Reminded of another legendary performance - Jamal Fyfield trying to cross the ball at cambridge - must have 10 attempts at crossing and not one of them made the 18 yard box
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.