6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 27, 2023, 11:52am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,079
Gold Stars: 200

Breaking...

Antonio Conte has left Tottenham by mutual consent.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 58
Ruston AT
March 27, 2023, 12:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +427
Gold Stars: 10

This morning on sky sports the 'Spurs Pod cast' was bleating that spurs deserves better and should be in the top 4 every year. I nearly vomited my shreddies , these  top teams ( who won't share the tv monies) are a joke, it's said at every GTFC game they are a bunch of greedy tw*ts.

Sorry it's just a rant!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 58
toontown
March 27, 2023, 12:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Ruston AT

This morning on sky sports the 'Spurs Pod cast' was bleating that spurs deserves better and should be in the top 4 every year. I nearly vomited my shreddies , these  top teams ( who won't share the tv monies) are a joke, it's said at every GTFC game they are a bunch of greedy tw*ts.

Sorry it's just a rant!

Odd that they would think they should be in the top 4 every year given their history and means - smaller club than manure, Liverpool, arsenal, less money than man City and Newcastle nowadays.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 58
March 27, 2023, 1:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from toontown
Odd that they would think they should be in the top 4 every year given their history and means - smaller club than manure, Liverpool, arsenal, less money than man City and Newcastle nowadays.

Logical reasoning and football fans' thinking are very rarely seen together in public.  
Reply: 13 - 58
rancido
March 27, 2023, 1:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,655
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Ruston AT

Sorry it's just a rant!

I was totally against the forming of the Premiersh*t. I said at the time that it was based purely on the greed of the top 6 big clubs and not, as was implied by Greg Dyke at the time, for the benefit of the football pyramid and the national side.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 58
OddShapedBalls
March 27, 2023, 4:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Imagine being spurs, pumping all those millions a week into it and still having only cobwebs in the trophy cabinet.  The real issue for them now is what manager would want to go there for any reason other than the payday?  You won't get  a war chest to buy the best 11 mercenaries available for immediate success, and you won't get the time needed to build and develop a team over several years to achieve success that way either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 58
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 27, 2023, 7:25pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 122
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
According to the EFL link below, El General is the 10th longest serving manager in the football league....and that's only counting his current stint since Sep '20!  Add in the Prem and I think he's 13th overall (Klopp, Arteta and Pep the only ones i can think of in place before him).  Scary isn't it how quick they go.

https://www.efl.com/news/managers-table/

The list has him 10th, but if you went by their facts there in black and white, he would be 8th as they said he joined in September, which is earlier than the two in November who are 8th and 9th, BUT as we know, Hurst rejoined us in December 2020 so 10th is correct.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 58
ginnywings
March 27, 2023, 9:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Jim Bentley sacked by Rochdale.

Almost another for the Grimsby Reaper.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 58
SouthLakesMariner
March 27, 2023, 9:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +941
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from rancido

I was totally against the forming of the Premiersh*t. I said at the time that it was based purely on the greed of the top 6 big clubs and not, as was implied by Greg Dyke at the time, for the benefit of the football pyramid and the national side.

Agree with the sentiment, however, I don’t think you can deny it has benefitted the national team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 58
Maringer
March 27, 2023, 10:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
How? Fewer English players in the Premier League now than at any time.

Don't confuse some talented players emerging at this moment in time with any systemic success.

The 'Golden Generation' had some great players (also developed during the PL years) and won nothing.

Not so long ago, relatively speaking, that we got knocked out of the Euros by Iceland - because we had a poor squad at the time, albeit one with some decent players in it.

I'm very pleased we've got some talented youngsters emerging to play alongside the likes of Kane and Co at present, but I do think this is as much luck as judgement.

Southgate mentioned the other week that it was a real concern about the lack of English players in the PL at present and the ever-reducing numbers he can pick from. He obviously doesn't think the PL has been so brilliant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Managerial merry-go-round

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.