17 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
gary_elton
March 14, 2023, 10:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I'm just so pleased that we shoved it up them in their own back yard. Their shithousery , blatant cheating, time-wasting and attempts to get our lads booked at BP earlier in the year p1ssed me off....  Well done Town.... oh... and up yours Sutton  !!!

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 160
oochiad
March 14, 2023, 10:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,725
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Kris2

Had we let one in or even worse, lost the game you'd all be losing your minds.  

We edged a game against a crap team and you're talking like we beat top of the league. All I saw is Hurst way more worried about a cup game than anything else having good players on the bench he never planned to use. It's okay to be critical if we win, you don't have to overreact positively or negatively depending on the result.

Lighten up fella, I’m having a laugh. I never lose my mind if we lose so give it a rest with the assumptions and I never berate our players good or bad ever. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 160
HertsGTFC
March 14, 2023, 10:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Incredible as it seems a late play off push is not inconceivable.  Spirit in the camp must be very high, and I hope Sunday goes as well as possible to keep our confidence intact and you just never know.

This weekend is going to be fantastic though with all the build up, the media interest and the all the quarter finals.

If it was 3 or 4 games ago I’d agree as pretty much everyone is fit as well.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 160
headingly_mariner
March 14, 2023, 10:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Incredible as it seems a late play off push is not inconceivable.  Spirit in the camp must be very high, and I hope Sunday goes as well as possible to keep our confidence intact and you just never know.

This weekend is going to be fantastic though with all the build up, the media interest and the all the quarter finals.

Fuckinghell calm down, you had us in a relegation battle 3 weeks ago.

We've sadly too much ground to make up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 160
LH
March 14, 2023, 10:14pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,580
Gold Stars: 174
With my realistic head on I think the play offs are too far away but a top half finish and a positive goal difference seems a realistic target and given the midseason form would be a good return. We’d have all taken winning a cup and midtable at the start of the season wouldn’t we?
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 160
lew chaterleys lover
March 14, 2023, 10:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Fuckinghell calm down, you had us in a relegation battle 3 weeks ago.

We've sadly too much ground to make up.

Calm down?! Thats more excitable than my post. I said its not inconceivable which is hardly hyperbolic. Maybe I did (I can't remember) but like most people I live in the present tense. 3 weeks ago is different to today.
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 160
OddShapedBalls
March 14, 2023, 10:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
The Sutton Judo and Karate team somehow managed to get away with only 4 yellows, but in all fairness shout out to the ref - he mostly let the game happen and didn’t overreact to anything (including a few of our tastier challenges….)

If we had a bit more confidence and composure we could easily have won that by 3 goals, we created lots of good chances and played some decent football at times. Taylor, Lloyd and Clifton were almost a front 3 at times and it seemed like their various abilities complemented and combined to create something greater than the sum of its parts- my only criticism there is that all 3 seem to be goal providers not goal scorers. But let’s not open up the whole ‘20+ a season’ debate again haha

Amazed we played so many first teamers, not surprised the more technical guys were wrapped up in cotton wool though as we’ll need their quality for the rare occasions we have possession on Sunday. Only 1 sub in 90 mins though must be some kind of record this season.

Sutton have some quality guys in the middle and up top, they seem to be bulked  out with large bully boys though. I can see how it’s effective in L2, but they just didn’t seem up for it tonight. Clifton and others got into a couple of their heads early doors and I think we won the mental battle.

7/9 points in a week. I’ll take that. I’ll take it so much I’ve gone and slapped a bet on town to finish 7th. And to win the cup.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 160
ginnywings
March 14, 2023, 10:19pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from DB

I think my positive enthusiasm is rubbing off on you.

Sorry to disappoint DB, but I prefer women.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 160
HerveJosse
March 14, 2023, 10:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Our away form has been play off level all season . Still struggling at home and unless that is turned around somehow we are mid table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 160
hampshiremariner
March 14, 2023, 10:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Paul Hurst has been talking about rotating the team and yet we still turned out a good team with some other key players being rested. I have nothing but admiration for all the lads and the coaching staff. This league is a grind and with the cup games they will end up playing nearly 60 games. They may not always play as well as we’d all like, but they always put in a shift and are committed. I just love the grit of these lads.
This was a great three points and we can now go to Brighton knowing we are in good fettle. Hopefully, we will give them a good game and the club will get fantastic media coverage. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 160
17 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Sutton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.