5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
March 6, 2023, 12:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I've read there is 3 good park and rides in which are free with your match ticket? Will this not be the case for our game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 6, 2023, 1:01pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Approval: +299
Gold Stars: 11
yeah the park and rides will be operating - I meant there is nothing next to/very near the ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
rmt1990
March 7, 2023, 12:14am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +4
Quoted from lukeo
I've read there is 3 good park and rides in which are free with your match ticket? Will this not be the case for our game?

There’s only been 2 for a couple seasons now.

Mill Road is the most popular and is usually full an hour and a half or two hours before kick off as this is just off the dual carriageway.

The other P&R is at the Brighton racecourse, if parking there though I wouldn’t recommend wearing your best shoes or trainers for obvious reasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
Astings
March 7, 2023, 10:39am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 3
[url]https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/club/stadiums/the-amex-stadium/transport?_ga=2.264004492.1642075303.1677596467-108388932.1667152283[/url]

Those coming by train on the day only need to get return tickets to Haywards Heath from there the match day ticket includes travel, might save you a few quid
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
Brighton Trawler
March 7, 2023, 12:20pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 7
Well worth considering parking in surrounding towns and getting the (free) trains in as another option if you’re driving - Lewes (great variety of pubs), Burgess Hill, Hassocks and Haywards Heath all have plenty of parking and are short train journeys to the stadium (via Lewes or Brighton for the last three). The P&Rs are fine but Mill Road fills up quickly and getting back after can take a while.

You may also see cars parked on the grass verges past the ground up the hill (The Drove/Falmer Road) if you drive that way - don’t be tempted, they are almost always ticketed as the road has double yellows most of the way up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
Eccles Mariner
March 8, 2023, 2:46pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +4
Manchester/NW Mariners!
Leaving for Brighton at lunchtime Saturday. Coming home after the game. Got a couple of spare seats in my car, if anyone's interested. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
The Caterham Mariner
March 9, 2023, 5:13pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 8
Now going got a ticket going Hospitality
So i am Going from Caterham Surrey (junc 6) M25 then down M23 i can offer a lift x1 space as its a Ford KA
UTM
And The "4621 Club" you wanna be better louder more inflatables than the Southampton game = "Make it So!" Do it for those watching it on the telly.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
TheRealJohnLewis
March 10, 2023, 7:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I'm driving and parking in Lewes, from the Salisbury/Andover area if anyone wanted to jump in with me?  
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
Limerick Mariner
March 12, 2023, 2:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,703
Gold Stars: 136
Now going got a ticket going Hospitality
So i am Going from Caterham Surrey (junc 6) M25 then down M23 i can offer a lift x1 space as its a Ford KA
UTM
And The "4621 Club" you wanna be better louder more inflatables than the Southampton game = "Make it So!" Do it for those watching it on the telly.

Are you in the Brighton hospitality or the Town allocation? I'm in the West Stand hospitality hopefully there'll be few Town in there - I was ringing all day Friday to try and get in the GTFC hospitality allocation but couldn't get through and it was sold out by the time I did. I got the second-to-last Brighton place - probably in the whole stadium - it is the most expensive ticket I've ever bought for a Town game.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
The Caterham Mariner
March 12, 2023, 2:36pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Are you in the Brighton hospitality or the Town allocation? I'm in the West Stand hospitality hopefully there'll be few Town in there - I was ringing all day Friday to try and get in the GTFC hospitality allocation but couldn't get through and it was sold out by the time I did. I got the second-to-last Brighton place - probably in the whole stadium - it is the most expensive ticket I've ever bought for a Town game.  

Telll the truth not sure where i am going  but hope to be
above South stand hospitality  apparently where our  fans will be, according to Brighton fan.
I paid £210 total not ashamed  to admit it ,to be
there as i was not lucky to be one of "4621 Club".
Scary thing is never gone "posh" for Grimsby Footie match in my life so i e-mailed
Brighton for guidance on "Dress code& Etiquette "
to get it right etc.
Can you wear town shirt/ take an inflatable etc.
So if iam in West stand i will see you there.
Like you most expensive ticket i have bought but
Sure will be worth it come the day.
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Travelling to Brighton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.