Mariner_09
February 8, 2023, 2:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Mikey_345
Can't see us being to different from the Crewe game to be honest - dependant on any specifics we've noted with how they play or injuries.

Some seem to be dropping Efete very quickly and far too easily for me. He had an outstanding game away at Luton and slotted in nicely at Crewe.

What we get with playing him right of a three is he pushes quite wide when we have the ball and gets up to support Emmanuel, almost turning us into a more conventional back 4 with the ball. Think there is a very good reason most our attacks, and most our joy seemed to come down the right on Saturday (from memory admittedly). He also has the pace to get back in to the defensive shape quickly and also get us out of trouble with two slower centre backs.

He won't drop Michee. After Crocombe and maybe Clifton, doubt anyone's played as much as him this season.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
Mikey_345
February 8, 2023, 2:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Mariner_09

He won't drop Michee. After Crocombe and maybe Clifton, doubt anyone's played as much as him this season.

Most of that is out of necessity though with no other fit right backs. However his form has picked up from earlier in the season, which had become worrying. Full credit thought for seemingly turning that around, don't think he deserves bringing out of the team - especially when in the 3/5 he gives us something different.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
Bigdog
February 8, 2023, 3:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Orsi, Efete, Emmanuel and McAtee will start on Saturday..

As for the midfield.. Clifton will start.. god knows who the other two will be..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
Mariner_09
February 8, 2023, 3:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Bigdog
Orsi, Efete, Emmanuel and McAtee will start on Saturday..

As for the midfield.. Clifton will start.. god knows who the other two will be..

I don't think Danilo will play on Saturday, he was absolutely spent and McAtee/Lloyd looked to have a good partnership already.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Bigdog
February 8, 2023, 3:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mariner_09

I don't think Danilo will play on Saturday, he was absolutely spent and McAtee/Lloyd looked to have a good partnership already.

Orsi would have started at Crewe if we didn't have the cup game, and easier conversation to have with young loanee than one of our permanent signings who's been patiently waiting for his chance. Four day gap between matches.. no-brainer, Hurst picks Orsi.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
Stew0_0
February 8, 2023, 3:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 35
                             Crocombe

Efete.      Waterfall.    Maher
Emmanuel                                             Amos

Clifton        Holahan.      Morris

McAtee
                                         Lloyd

Going back to pretty much team against Crewe, as last night would have taken a lot out of Orsi, Green picked up a rib injury and Amos playing better than Glennon atm. Will be harsh on Smith but liking the look of Emmanuel at wing back with Efete behind, especially as we need to be taking the game to Colchester and be on the front foot.
Showing now we have some strength in depth now

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
RonMariner
February 8, 2023, 4:08pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,693
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from DB
I'm pleased I'm not a 48 year old 5ft 5in retired left back from Rotherham. He's got one hell of a job on his hands to decide who to drop for Saturday.

A problem of his own  making though, he signed these players!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
Son of Cod
February 8, 2023, 4:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from IrishMariner

Not saying he gets in ahead of Emmanuel, but why can’t he be deployed at RCB like he was last Saturday?

I can think of three reasons...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
acko338
February 8, 2023, 6:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
I can see the back 5 staying with the wing backs in place.

McAtee and Lloyd should be a fresher pair up front, give Orsi a rest !

Emmanuel alongside Efete was really effective, as long as Efete has no kick back from his clash of heads.

However if Smith gets the nod, no problem !

Midfield - only one person knows how he wants them to line up !

And the transfer window was apparently rubbish....just on here ???

Wouldn't it be great if all of the newbies really stormed it to the season end, and keep Hurst thinking with a huge selection problem every week ???

Especially with the amount of catch up games to come in swift succession !!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team vs Colchester

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.