Mappers
March 24, 2023, 4:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,389
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from moosey_club
Tequila Rose.....tastes like strawberry milk shake or maybe like Calpol crucifies me everytime.

Younger members of the family go for a can of Dragon Soup when they want something with an edge...a 7 per cent ish energy drink  type thing, reliably informed its effective.

Had a can of that dragon soup  once by mistake ,thought it was a relentless energy drink  - then was wondering what the hit was after going through most the can ,in a bad way .The wife wasnt happy when i couldnt drive her to the shop ,thought i had done it on purpose .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
moosey_club
March 28, 2023, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,277
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mappers

Had a can of that dragon soup  once by mistake ,thought it was a relentless energy drink  - then was wondering what the hit was after going through most the can ,in a bad way .The wife wasnt happy when i couldnt drive her to the shop ,thought i had done it on purpose .

😂

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
immariner
March 29, 2023, 7:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
As I've recently been made redundant again, I've decided to become an alcoholic. What alcoholic beverages do you recommend? I'm talking spirits here, none of your real ale or Chateau Neuf de urine wine. I want individual spirits not generic gin or vodka.

At present I love Single Malt Whisky because I'm a snob although I realise as I become more alcoholic I will be less picky. Current fave is Bruichladdich 'The classic Laddie' its an Islay but it's not peaty. £35 at Tesco with a Clubcard.

OK Go

I've only just got into whisky in my mid-30s. Not ventured to anything more expensive than Highland 12 yet, but I think that's well tasty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 29, 2023, 10:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from immariner

I've only just got into whisky in my mid-30s. Not ventured to anything more expensive than Highland 12 yet, but I think that's well tasty

If you mean Highland Park 12 then yes it is very tasty. It was one of the whiskies that turned me from someone who just used to throw back a glass of Bells to someone who is learning to appreciate whisky and I'm nearly 58. Wish I'd got into it in my mid thirties. I am typing this as I enjoy a dram of Ardbeg 5 Wee Beastie, I'll be needing another bottle soon, it's bloody lovely.

At this rate I'm going to have to arrange a Fishy Whisky night.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
Withnail
March 30, 2023, 4:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
My poisons of choice when it comes to whisky/whiskey are:

Scotch - The Glenrothes, Cardhu Gold Reserve.

Irish - Green Spot, Jameson Black Barrel.

Liberal measure with a finger of water to help bring the flavour out.

Disclaimer: I can't abide the peaty stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
gytone
March 31, 2023, 4:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,028
Gold Stars: 8
Can't beat a drop of good rum, I've been to Cuba a few times and some of the rum available is Nectar from the gods. Unfortunately I've not managed to get to Cuba since before covid so not sure of the prices now, but it was very reasonable beforehand.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
April 1, 2023, 10:58am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from gytone
Can't beat a drop of good rum, I've been to Cuba a few times and some of the rum available is Nectar from the gods. Unfortunately I've not managed to get to Cuba since before covid so not sure of the prices now, but it was very reasonable beforehand.

I can drink white rum especially in cocktails, you can't beat a good mojito, but surprisingly, I don't care for the normal stuff and the spiced stuff, to me, is awful.I was gifted a bottle of Woods one christmas and after opening and taking one drink it is now sat on my shelf gathering dust.

Added advantage of drinking whisky is that it's easier to get to Scotland than Cuba.

No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
promotion plaice
April 1, 2023, 3:04pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200

When I was in Florida a few weeks ago I mainly drank tea.

Twisted tea, can, alcohol content of 5%  

Made with whisky and real brewed tea, actually surprisingly good.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
April 2, 2023, 7:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

When I was in Florida a few weeks ago I mainly drank tea.

Twisted tea, can, alcohol content of 5%  

Made with whisky and real brewed tea, actually surprisingly good.

Can't say I particularly like the sound of it, but then I don't like tea. There must be an awful lot of tea in it to take the alcohol content down to 5%. Then again if they told me I could go to Florida as long as I drank one of those a day I'm sure I could manage.

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
supertown
April 5, 2023, 9:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,460
Gold Stars: 53
Jamesons (normal, not black barrel)
Cardu

Both affordable smooth whiskies
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Alcohol

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.