Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Football Manager Stories

This thread currently has 3,219 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
December 28, 2022, 9:01pm
Guest User
Pre Season 3rd July 2022.

Squad returns from their holidays, without Taylor, Scannell, Pearson and Coke, who have all retired from playing football.
This season we will be playing a 5-2-2-1, 3 CB's, 2 wingbacks, 2 sitting centre mids, 2 attacking mids with a lone striker.

We are light on strikers, and at LWB position, and Centre Back.  I currently have scouts out looking for replacements.

I have already signed a young 20 year old striker from Derry City, Cian Kavanagh, who will be joining us on 1st January 2024.  His stats are very good, and he is considered to be almost ready for a first team start.

Several staff position have been filled and our main staff members, Dave Moore, Neil Woods Chris Doig, Graham Rodger and Steve Croudson have all signed new contracts to stay at the club.

We have plenty of Pre Season friendlies to play, so I will report in after they are done.
Reply: 10 - 32
ex-merseymariner
December 28, 2022, 9:52pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Non football 😃

Can I be the first to say 'cdajatl' on this thread re the Irish striker you mentioned.

These games have their place but I prefer, er... I mean my kids prefer lego star wars, madden (nfl game) or even Fifa, as long as I can play as gtfc.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
MaccasBoots
December 28, 2022, 11:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +685
Gold Stars: 23
How long until the Town fans are calling Kavanagh "Kavanaghs"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
Rick12
December 29, 2022, 7:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from 123614

Several staff position have been filled and our main staff members, Dave Moore, Neil Woods

Pleased they have been kept on.  Good  people who do the club proud    .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
SWMariner
December 29, 2022, 8:39am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +36
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
I’m looking for a good football manager game…….
Don’t want anything too complex but something that makes you think…..like PH ?
Is this FM23 any good and will it play on an I Pad?

On the iPad there’s a version called fm touch which is a bit of a slimline version and very good playability it’s included free if you subscribe to Apple Arcade
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
December 29, 2022, 11:03am
Guest User
Quoted from Rick12
Pleased they have been kept on.  Good  people who do the club proud    .

oops, not sure what happened there, but yes they have been kept on with new contracts, as have Graham Rodger, Chris Doig and Steve Croudson, Paul Hurst is still the Manager.

Reply: 15 - 32
Rick12
December 29, 2022, 6:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 123614

oops, not sure what happened there, but yes they have been kept on with new contracts, as have Graham Rodger, Chris Doig and Steve Croudson, Paul Hurst is still the Manager.

To clarify though Bear the game try's to mimics real life . Hence if your not happy with your coaches and assistant manager you can choose not to renew their contracts as in real life. As manager of Grimsby in the game  I've been busy of late( in real life) and so  during my pre season games Doig is doing the selections.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
Son of Cod
December 29, 2022, 6:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
We're gonna need at least 17 pages of Bogle speculation in here to make this feel realistic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
Marinerdan
December 29, 2022, 6:42pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
Last time I played was the 2020 edition. True to life we had a takeover during the season, rather than being relegated we where promoted though. We had a second takeover (by a mad Italian fella) a few years later when we where in the Championship, he bought a couple of Italian players and insisted we played them.

The hardest bit about playing as Grimsby was all the training and youth facilities had to be upgraded annually, by the time I had proper Premier League training facilities I’d already won it twice and had 100’s of millions in the bank.

I really enjoyed playing it but it is far too addictive! I only managed to plant it as it was something to do at 3am whilst trying to settle the baby,  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
Rick12
December 29, 2022, 6:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod
We're gonna need at least 17 pages of Bogle speculation in here to make this feel realistic.
😄.Yes .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Manager Stories

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.