Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

Football Manager Stories

This thread currently has 3,215 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
December 28, 2022, 1:51pm
Guest User
If the site owner will allow, I plan to update this thread regularly, as I know there are other members play the game and might be tempted to share their games too.  It won't be an outstanding story driven thread, just details such as players signed/released, match results with scorers, position in League, updates on any promising youngsters, etc.

So I ran the fist season 'on holiday' and we finished a credible 9th in League 2.  Surprisingly, JMD was the top scorer with 11 goals and also top in assists, again with 11.  Michee Efete had the highest average rating of 7.06. We have some big holes to fill with Smith, McAtee, Richardson and Pepple all returning to their clubs after the loans were completed.

The date is 1st June 2023 and I am about to start getting a squad ready to make a concentrated effort to get promoted to League 1 at the end of this season.
Epworth Mariner
December 28, 2022, 2:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +646
Gold Stars: 57
I’m looking for a good football manager game…….
Don’t want anything too complex but something that makes you think…..like PH ?
Is this FM23 any good and will it play on an I Pad?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
lukeo
December 28, 2022, 2:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I play FM 23 mobile... I got Taunton promoted and now sat in 10th place struggling.. couple of strikers I had on loan last season bagged 25+ each!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
December 28, 2022, 4:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
Is this FM23 any good and will it play on an I Pad?

It should play on iPad, yes.

Reply: 3 - 32
December 28, 2022, 4:39pm
Guest User
Nice one lukeo, I play on PC and watching the match played out in 3D is really good.
Reply: 4 - 32
Rick12
December 28, 2022, 5:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from 123614
If the site owner will allow, I plan to update this thread regularly, as I know there are other members play the game and might be tempted to share their games too.  It won't be an outstanding story driven thread, just details such as players signed/released, match results with scorers, position in League, updates on any promising youngsters, etc.
Pleased you have started playing the game. Ive been playing the game for ages and love it . Ive got a copy of fm23 but still only in pre season as I haven't had much time to play due to other commitments.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
Rick12
December 28, 2022, 5:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
Football manager is quality . Its very detailed but you can assign stuff to the assistant manager and coaches which makes it less hands on if you so wish.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
lukeo
December 28, 2022, 6:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Don't tempt me to go big and get it on my PC. I have got a season with town but stuck in mid table and decided to do Taunton instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
Rick12
December 28, 2022, 8:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
Don't tempt me to go big and get it on my PC. I have got a season with town but stuck in mid table and decided to do Taunton instead.

Get it on the PC Lukeo its so much better on there than on the tablet. I had a short stint two years ago when I started playing it on my mobile and it was nothing compared to the immersive experience playing it on a laptop  brings.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
December 28, 2022, 8:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from Rick12
Pleased you have started playing the game. Ive been playing the game for ages and love it . Ive got a copy of fm23 but still only in pre season as I haven't had much time to play due to other commitments.

I think you misunderstood me, I have played every version of this game, Championship Manager/Football Manager since the very first game cane out back in 1993

Reply: 9 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Manager Stories

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.