1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
PoutonStepover
December 8, 2022, 10:16am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Bit of a strange one this. Community orientated I suppose, but not sure it will catch on?

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2022/december/tranmere-rovers-launch-new-esports-business/
Logged Offline
Private Message
OddShapedBalls
December 8, 2022, 4:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
How does the 'infrastructure of a professional football club' help people get better at playing Fifa23?  I applaud them for thinking outside the box and trying to grow non-football revenue (like all clubs should) but it seems a bit odd to me to be  a viable business.  But what do I know, I lose to my 8 year old on mariokart - maybe I should book one of their boot camps
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 8, 2022, 6:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
How does the 'infrastructure of a professional football club' help people get better at playing Fifa23?  I applaud them for thinking outside the box and trying to grow non-football revenue (like all clubs should) but it seems a bit odd to me to be  a viable business.  But what do I know, I lose to my 8 year old on mariokart - maybe I should book one of their boot camps

Potential banana skins everywhere

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
lukeo
December 9, 2022, 5:27am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
ESports is the present and future. Its only going to get bigger and more popular
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
GYinScuntland
December 9, 2022, 7:26am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Esports?
Do they mean encouraging more kids to spend even more time sitting around on their nice chairs going bog eyed and getting more fat and lazy?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Son of Cod
December 9, 2022, 9:51am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from lukeo
ESports is the present and future. Its only going to get bigger and more popular

Yep this. Esports teams in East Asia pull in ridiculous amounts of money. There's also nothing in that article that suggests it's all about FIFA. Esports is mainly running around in clans zapping monsters and all that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
BenBB
December 9, 2022, 4:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Esports?
Do they mean encouraging more kids to spend even more time sitting around on their nice chairs going bog eyed and getting more fat and lazy?

Let's be honest if you had the same technology around when you were young you'd be doing the same

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 9
GYinScuntland
December 9, 2022, 4:25pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from BenBB

Let's be honest if you had the same technology around when you were young you'd be doing the same

Not a chance, I loved being out and about with my mates getting dirty, scraped and bruised with the odd broken bone, then later in my youth drinking, fighting and shagging.
One long learning curve and richer in experience and fitter in health for it too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
LocalLadGTFC
December 9, 2022, 10:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,161
Gold Stars: 136
An ever growing industry with FIFA being one of the smallest esports you’ll find. Call of Duty has a franchised league with entry spots costing you a rough figure of around 25 million dollars. The money in esports is absurd and is 100% a market with huge upside.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 9
ska face
December 10, 2022, 8:29am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from PoutonStepover
Bit of a strange one this. Community orientated I suppose, but not sure it will catch on?

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2022/december/tranmere-rovers-launch-new-esports-business/

I know it smell crazy in there
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tranmere launch eSports business

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.