Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: PoutonStepover, December 8, 2022, 10:16am
Bit of a strange one this. Community orientated I suppose, but not sure it will catch on?

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2022/december/tranmere-rovers-launch-new-esports-business/
Posted by: OddShapedBalls, December 8, 2022, 4:13pm; Reply: 1
How does the 'infrastructure of a professional football club' help people get better at playing Fifa23?  I applaud them for thinking outside the box and trying to grow non-football revenue (like all clubs should) but it seems a bit odd to me to be  a viable business.  But what do I know, I lose to my 8 year old on mariokart - maybe I should book one of their boot camps
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 8, 2022, 6:55pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
How does the 'infrastructure of a professional football club' help people get better at playing Fifa23?  I applaud them for thinking outside the box and trying to grow non-football revenue (like all clubs should) but it seems a bit odd to me to be  a viable business.  But what do I know, I lose to my 8 year old on mariokart - maybe I should book one of their boot camps

Potential banana skins everywhere
Posted by: lukeo, December 9, 2022, 5:27am; Reply: 3
ESports is the present and future. Its only going to get bigger and more popular
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 9, 2022, 7:26am; Reply: 4
Esports?
Do they mean encouraging more kids to spend even more time sitting around on their nice chairs going bog eyed and getting more fat and lazy?
Posted by: Son of Cod, December 9, 2022, 9:51am; Reply: 5
Quoted from lukeo
ESports is the present and future. Its only going to get bigger and more popular

Yep this. Esports teams in East Asia pull in ridiculous amounts of money. There's also nothing in that article that suggests it's all about FIFA. Esports is mainly running around in clans zapping monsters and all that.
Posted by: BenBB, December 9, 2022, 4:16pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Esports?
Do they mean encouraging more kids to spend even more time sitting around on their nice chairs going bog eyed and getting more fat and lazy?

Let's be honest if you had the same technology around when you were young you'd be doing the same
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 9, 2022, 4:25pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from BenBB

Let's be honest if you had the same technology around when you were young you'd be doing the same

Not a chance, I loved being out and about with my mates getting dirty, scraped and bruised with the odd broken bone, then later in my youth drinking, fighting and shagging.
One long learning curve and richer in experience and fitter in health for it too.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, December 9, 2022, 10:27pm; Reply: 8
An ever growing industry with FIFA being one of the smallest esports you’ll find. Call of Duty has a franchised league with entry spots costing you a rough figure of around 25 million dollars. The money in esports is absurd and is 100% a market with huge upside.
Posted by: ska face, December 10, 2022, 8:29am; Reply: 9
Quoted from PoutonStepover
Bit of a strange one this. Community orientated I suppose, but not sure it will catch on?

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2022/december/tranmere-rovers-launch-new-esports-business/

I know it smell crazy in there
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 7:43pm