Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Have we got any.......
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider and 148 Guests

Have we got any.......

This thread currently has 2,953 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
December 8, 2022, 11:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner
If both Efete and Cropper were to be unavailable, it's only Clifton for me in that role.  Debut aside, Smith looked awful when playing in that position. To the point a lot of people thought he was a poor player until he got his second chance in his preferred position.

Maher did ok but he's definitely not a fullback.  On the other side, again if Glennon and Amos aren't available it's limited options.  Khouri gets stuck in but he's not a natural fullback and whilst I rate him highly, I thought his distribution from there was poor.

If we go 3 at the back, presuming all four full-backs are unavailable, that still leaves only Clifton and Khouri to cover the wingback roles and also means that if any of the back 3 or wingbacks get injured we've literally no-one to cover them.

Didn't a couple of Orient fans say Khan played a fair few games for them at right-back?

Khan has played a lot of games as a RWB at this level. He's come here to be an attacker but in an injury crisis, it's a capable option. My preference would be to have Clifton at RB/RWB but if Glennon and Amos are out, Clifton would be the best option there for me with Khan on the right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
Madeleymariner
December 8, 2022, 2:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Khan played a game at wingback a few weeks ago and it was a waste of time 😬
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
Rick12
December 9, 2022, 9:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Mariner_09
play Harry at RWB, even though that's him out of position as well.
The lads doing well this season by all accounts. I bought a copy of the Grimsby evening telegraph in November and they were doing a rating of Grimsbys players who played 5 or more times for Town this season .  After 16 league games Harry Clifton was top of the pile with a mark of 8.5 out of 10.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Have we got any.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.