4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
December 29, 2022, 7:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,386
Gold Stars: 149
I booked through trip.com and they take an admin charge..
The cancellation was through a signal fault apparently
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
Davec
December 31, 2022, 8:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from lukeo
I booked through trip.com and they take an admin charge..
The cancellation was through a signal fault apparently

Delay repay is claimed through the train companies, you can still claim delay repay even if you have booked your ticket through another retailer, also delay repay does not charge any admin fees or anything.

Too late now but something to remember for the future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
lukeo
January 1, 2023, 8:47am
Season Ticket Holder
Thanks for that... For all of my sins I've booked a train for Swindon away, this time through the trainline . Com

I'm in communication with trip.com at the moment and looks like I'll be getting a bit more back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
GYinScuntland
January 19, 2023, 7:05pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,252
Gold Stars: 98
By all accounts TrampPeasant Excuse have quit bothering about their customers, they know they've lost the contract and deservedly so.
I hope Abellio who are tipped to take over perform better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
lukeo
January 20, 2023, 7:31am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from lukeo
Thanks for that... For all of my sins I've booked a train for Swindon away, this time through the trainline . Com

I'm in communication with trip.com at the moment and looks like I'll be getting a bit more back

Train was cancelled. Last time I try it. So I've wasted £30 on a family ticket and will cut my loses at that and never try again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
Maringer
January 20, 2023, 9:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,622
Gold Stars: 185
It's taken them many years of work (Thatcher era and since 2010), but signs appear to be that the Tories have finally managed to break the country as all the privatised industries are now failing. Massive bills to the government following the failure of many energy companies who couldn't cover their losses in the pretend market created to give the illusion of choice. Water companies have stripped all the money out of the system that they could to give to shareholders and now pump excrement into the waterways at the drop of a hat.

Postal service has gone to excrement. The chaos during the first couple of years of the pandemic was understandable, but the management spent £400 million on a share buyback in 2021 rather than investing in new technology and now they are trying to screw the postmen over to turn them into gig workers to compete with the likes of Evri/Hermes.

Social care massively underfunded because the block grant to the councils who pay for it has been hacked back again and again, the NHS teetering on the brink thanks to underfunding leading to crumbling buildings, not enough beds and a complete lack of forward planning.

No surprise that the trains have been a basket case for some years but the tipping point has been reached and half of the franchises aren't even pretending to offer a proper service. They are still getting paid whether or not they run the trains!

It comes to something when you've got to give up on making plans because there is little chance of the train service running. A landmark birthday for me this year and we had tentatively discussed taking the train up to Edinburgh for a couple of nights (providing babysitters could be arranged). Had to knock that plan on the head. I don't fancy driving up there as it wouldn't be nearly as relaxing.

What a shitshow this country is becoming.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
AndyDarloFC
February 3, 2023, 11:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Well, I am looking forward to my weekly visit to Grimsby tomorrow.

Leave Darlington at 6.34am & arrive in Grimsby just before 10.45am, absolutely ridiculous.

Bus from Darlo to York (Engineering work).
York to Doncaster.
Doncaster to Grimsby & 1 hour waiting in total between York & train to Grimsby.

Wouldn't shock me either if TPE cancel my 9.39am train too. Paying £76 for the privilege too.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 33
ginnywings
February 3, 2023, 2:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Sadly and despicably, the train operators get paid by the government whatever happens, so basically they don't give a fook whether the trains run or not.

What a wonderful government we have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
cmackenzie4
February 3, 2023, 3:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
And that’s why the strikes are continuing Ginny, the government aren’t budging, the RMT are deliberating over the new offer (which is basically the same as the last one) I think they’ll put it out to vote to it’s members, Network rail and the government know a lot of the workforce are struggling financially so will hold out, it’s a sad state of affairs mate.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
FishOutOfWater
February 3, 2023, 4:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from cmackenzie4
And that’s why the strikes are continuing Ginny, the government aren’t budging, the RMT are deliberating over the new offer (which is basically the same as the last one) I think they’ll put it out to vote to it’s members, Network rail and the government know a lot of the workforce are struggling financially so will hold out, it’s a sad state of affairs mate.

I'm getting a clear signal that the government are just trying to derail everything Chris 😏
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.