lukeo
November 28, 2022, 7:48am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,386
Gold Stars: 149
I've just bought a family rail card...
£120 for me and my lad to get to Grimsby and back between Christmas and New year.
£30 for swindon away (cheaper to buy us both a ticket with the rail card then me solo without one, he will just be 'ill' on the day and unable to travel   )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
AndyDarloFC
November 28, 2022, 10:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
I use the line regularly to come down to Grimsby and without fail, every week - TPE cancel the services. It's an absolute shambles, it's gotten to the point where I'm having to finish work earlier to get an earlier train.

Sooner TPE give the route to another operator who'll actually run it properly, the better.

Good luck mate.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 33
lukeo
November 29, 2022, 7:21am
Season Ticket Holder
Thanks fella.
I've managed to do it with only 1 change. Taunton - Sheffield - Grimsby (same on the way back)
I have a feeling I may have some issues with sheffield - Grimsby (vice versa) but we arrive in Sheffield around 4.30pm so hopefully there will be a train at some point if ours does get cancelled, the way home is the 10.53 so i'll just make sure i'm awake early and see if theres any trains before it if it is cancelled  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
HerveJosse
November 30, 2022, 10:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Coming back from London yesterday Doncaster to Clee cancelled and they provided taxis and I was in Cleethorpes 5 minute early!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
Nelly GTFC
December 2, 2022, 8:44am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 31
Had been offered a job interview for a 28k a year position in Stockport, but trains cancelled and was unable to attend, this was back in October.  

The following week I was hoping to attend a job fayre at Manchester United football ground, but same thing again.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
Manchester Mariner
December 2, 2022, 9:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,818
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Had been offered a job interview for a 28k a year position in Stockport, but trains cancelled and was unable to attend, this was back in October.  

The following week I was hoping to attend a job fayre at Manchester United football ground, but same thing again.

Sorry to hear that, it's just a never ending stream of awful service that is affecting peoples lives so negatively. People need to stop falling for cheap stuff like Northern powerhouses, building back better and levelling up. You can't do any of that with a third world public transport system.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
AndyDarloFC
December 19, 2022, 2:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Things haven't got any better for TPE, they point blanked refused to stick me and my daughter in a taxi yesterday from Doncaster as they cancelled our service last minute. Tried to fob us off and say it was strike day, when it wasn't.

Shambles of a service.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 33
lukeo
December 29, 2022, 1:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Well that didn't go to plan
... I was in the platform 30mins early, everything seemed OK, train was 5 minutes delayed... no big issue.
All of a sudden it said cancelled. Then many other trains became delayed and cancelled... Well over 100 people stood at taunton station (not the biggest). 1 lady i got chatting to was from Cleetohrpes and literally had the same trains as me, I hope she managed to get home! We've had to cancel our visit and I was refunded MOST of my money (£90) as they took away a cancellation fee and apparently my tip between taunton and Bristol was non refundable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
Maringer
December 29, 2022, 1:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,618
Gold Stars: 185
Entirely expected, unfortunately! It's a fool's errand trying to plan anything around a train journey at the moment. The franchises have their profits protected by the government so they've got no willingness to negotiate with the unions or, for that matter, to provide a decent service even when there isn't any industrial action. Absolute shambles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
Davec
December 29, 2022, 5:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from lukeo
Well that didn't go to plan
... I was in the platform 30mins early, everything seemed OK, train was 5 minutes delayed... no big issue.
All of a sudden it said cancelled. Then many other trains became delayed and cancelled... Well over 100 people stood at taunton station (not the biggest). 1 lady i got chatting to was from Cleetohrpes and literally had the same trains as me, I hope she managed to get home! We've had to cancel our visit and I was refunded MOST of my money (£90) as they took away a cancellation fee and apparently my tip between taunton and Bristol was non refundable.

If you claimed delay repay you would have got every single penny back.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.