5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
lobsterpot
March 12, 2023, 4:54pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Quick update from the womens team who beat previous league leaders Gainsboro Trinity 3-0 this afternoon to return to the summit. Goals from Alesha Dejonge, Emily Blyth & Ellie Wilson means we need 7 more points from the last 5 games to win the title with a superior goal difference( or 8 points just to be sure! )

If any of you could get down for the remaining fixtures to cheer them onto the title it would be great! UTM

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
DaleH
March 22, 2023, 2:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Am I the only person that is excited to see the women's team on the verge of promotion to Tier 5?
Obviously I have a vested interest because of my involvement in the team for 3 years. But even aside from that, I am so pleased for them to be able to finally get out of what is bit of poor league, and then challenge themselves at the next level which is good deal tougher. I've a lot of friends left there playing in that team, that I think a great deal of; and I am delighted that they have stuck with it and are on the verge of getting promoted.

Come on everyone get behind the girls' and cheer the players on if you can get there. But at the very least send them your best GTFC wishes

Dale

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
GrimPol
March 23, 2023, 5:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -678
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from DaleH
Am I the only person that is excited to see the women's team on the verge of promotion to Tier 5?
Obviously I have a vested interest because of my involvement in the team for 3 years. But even aside from that, I am so pleased for them to be able to finally get out of what is bit of poor league, and then challenge themselves at the next level which is good deal tougher. I've a lot of friends left there playing in that team, that I think a great deal of; and I am delighted that they have stuck with it and are on the verge of getting promoted.

Come on everyone get behind the girls' and cheer the players on if you can get there. But at the very least send them your best GTFC wishes

Dale

Is there a reason why they play Home in Brigg?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
DB
March 23, 2023, 6:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,032
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from GrimPol

Is there a reason why they play Home in Brigg?

The pitch at BP has not been in a good condition for most of the year, so why make it worse?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
GrimPol
March 25, 2023, 3:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -678
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from DB

The pitch at BP has not been in a good condition for most of the year, so why make it worse?

They never played at BP as I'm aware, but Brigg can't be the nearest pitch surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
DB
March 25, 2023, 6:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,032
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from GrimPol
They never played at BP as I'm aware, but Brigg can't be the nearest pitch surely?

Cleethorpes Town and Grimsby Borough are closer, after that it's Brigg. Then you have Boston, Lincoln and Gainsborough.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
lobsterpot
April 11, 2023, 4:27am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Theyve not played at Brigg all season. The play at Winrtigham Oasis. The wrbsite says Brigg but that's nothing to do with the club thats just down to the Lincs FA not updating their website.
The ladies are playing their next league game ar Blundell Park on Sunday 23rd April 2pm kick off and will be presented with the Championship trophy so it would be great to get people down to watch. Well done ladies. CHAMPIONS!!! UTM

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
Madeleymariner
April 11, 2023, 5:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
I really hope they have the camera there in the Findus so we could have a good highlights package inc. the trophy presentation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
jamesgtfc
April 12, 2023, 10:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,988
Gold Stars: 190
If the club are serious about the women's team they need to play in a stadium of some description locally. Hopefully that can happen soon and possibly as part of the training ground, as their efforts deserve more than a school field.

For those in the know, would another promotion mean they need to play in a stadium and what is the standard of Tier 5 compared to Tier 6?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
lukeo
April 13, 2023, 4:48am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,378
Gold Stars: 148
I would assume (don't quote me on this) they'd need a tleadt a couple more promotions before the club had to start to consider providing proper facilities
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › #GTFCWomen

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.